Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 11, 2006, 12:44 PM   #11

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
I was a bit surprised to see that the A*300 is actually smaller than the A*200. Shorter, thinner and lighter! I want one – for free!

Kjell

The A*200 is F 2.8 which is another issue. A*300mmF4 is really tiny/cute and I can slip in any concert or ball game situation with nobody bothering me . I have oversize pocket in my jacket. It is an optical engineering gem. And its sharpness is , well

http://www.pbase.com/danieltong/image/65003831/large

Full size http://www.pbase.com/danieltong/image/65003831/original

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 3:43 PM   #12

Do you think this helps curing my LBA?:angry:

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 3:52 PM   #13

Daniel - your pockets must be really HUGE! The A*300 is the biggest, heaviest lens I own. If anyone is thinking of getting one based on the idea that it is "small" - that "small is relative.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 5:58 PM   #14

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
LOL! The funny thing is that I probably wouldn't have taken the chance on that lens, even at $81.00, and you've ended up getting some really excellent pictures out of it. Just goes to show that sometimes something with problems can be quite useable.
ah, when i first saw it was one thing. the next time i saw it i just happened to have my DS with me. i took some shots from f4-16 and checked them when i got home.. first image sold me. i was back the next day. i probably could have gotten it even cheaper.. i didn't know at the time that they would deal. f8 and below it's a stellar lens..

roy
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:17 PM   #15

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Daniel - your pockets must be really HUGE!* The A*300 is the biggest, heaviest lens I own.* If anyone is thinking of getting one based on the idea that it is "small" - that "small is relative.
Our winter outer jacket are usu wtih bigger pocket. I have the 300mm (15cm length) in one pocket and my K110D+50mm in the other (in case when camera bag are too suspicuous.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote