Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 11, 2006, 6:06 PM   #11

My Christmas is going to be very nice this year... I'm getting, that I know of...

Chinon 50mm
Pentax 35-105mm
Pentax 35-80mm
Sigma 35-105mm
Sigma 100-300mm
Inexpensive Strobe Set (Lights, Stands, Umbrellas, and Holders)
3 6x9Backdrops (White, Grey, Black)
Posing Stool

Some of the lenses will be resold after I decide which I prefer for that range, but the wifey has done mighty well with my camera-related gifts.

inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 6:24 PM   #12

I'm pretty well set with my various *BAs, so I'd settle for Peace on Earth and Good Will Towards Men (and Women, Boys, and Girls for PC's sake). . .:-)

Scott

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 7:12 PM   #13

I put a monopod and Sigma flash gun on my list. I was trying to be good, as I cringe when I thinkabout how much money I have spent on camera related stuff already this year.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 8:02 PM   #14

snostorm wrote:
Quote:
I'm pretty well set with my various *BAs, so I'd settle for Peace on Earth and Good Will Towards Men (and Women, Boys, and Girls for PC's sake). . .:-)

Scott

good luck, scott

my prob is the only things i can think of are way too much $$$$. my kit is pretty well stocked for the time being. well maybe a 1.4x TC

roy
Old Dec 11, 2006, 8:22 PM   #15

My wife gave me a *istDL for Christmas last year, this year I expect socks. I am still waiting for the Post Office to deliver my "new" *istDS, if it turns out to be as good as I hope I guess my wife will get the DL back this year.

My actual wish list is very short, a K10D would be nice, but unnecessary. A nice dedicated flash would be nice, but unnecessary. An F or an FA 50mm f1.7 or 1.4
would be really nice, but unnecessary. Right now I just want lots of opportunity to use my equipment, and possibly the chance to take a photography course.

I could use a new computer...

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 9:53 PM   #16

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
My wife gave me a *istDL for Christmas last year,¬* this year I expect socks.¬* I am still waiting for the Post Office to deliver my "new" *istDS,¬* if it turns out to be as good as I hope I guess my wife will get the DL back this year.

My actual wish list is very short,¬* a K10D would be nice,¬* but unnecessary.¬* A nice dedicated flash would be nice,¬* but unnecessary.¬* An F or an FA¬* 50mm f1.7 or 1.4
would be really nice,¬* but unnecessary.¬*¬* Right now I just want lots of opportunity to use my equipment,¬* and possibly the chance to take a photography course.

I could use a new computer...

Ira
I agree with you that we should concentrate on taking pict rather acquiring hardware. With my equip list, I should have no trouble taking better pict . I have no excuse particularly in relation to lack of the right equipment.
We can blame the weather this time of the yr though

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:40 PM   #17

My hubby treated me to the K10 - can't ask for more than that. After Christmas I want to treat myself to a Slingshot bag and then I'll look at the new * lenses that are coming out in the spring.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 5:51 AM   #18

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
I put a monopod and Sigma flash gun on my list.* I was trying to be good, as I cringe when I think*about how much money I have spent on camera related stuff already this year.

Tim
Same here, a monopod (MANFROTTO MF334B AUTO MONOPOD ) plus a book on birds (The Slater Field Guide to Australian Birds) and dslr's (Digital Photographer's Handbook )
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 7:09 AM   #19

Hi,

All I want is the grip for my istD. Bid on two and lost two by a dollar... GRrrrrrrr!

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 7:36 AM   #20

I haven't posted in a while, but I recently got the FA50mm F1.4, so I'm pretty well set. Just need time t get out and take pictures....

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and gets at least one thing from their list.

p.s. - ok, maybe 1.4x or 2x teleconverter would be nice :-)
steve
syoggy is offline   Reply With Quote