Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 12, 2006, 10:32 AM   #21

bluwing wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

All I want is the grip for my istD. Bid on two and lost two by a dollar... GRrrrrrrr!

Rudy
I haven't been able to find any grips for the ist cameras... Where'd you find them? Are they like the vertical grips for Canon's or somehting completely different?
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 10:53 AM   #22

I've got two items on my wish list, a Slingshot 100 and the DA50-200mm lens. Might as well take advatntage of the nice rebate on it, at least that's what I told Santa Claus. I'm like some of the others here, I just want to find the time to get out and take more pictures with my DL. I feel I have some pretty good gear already. At this time last year, I didn't even have a DSLR, so I have a lot to be thankful for - Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:16 AM   #23

bper wrote:
Quote:
I just want to find the time to get out and take more pictures with my DL. I feel I have some pretty good gear already. At this time last year, I didn't even have a DSLR, so I have a lot to be thankful for - Bruce
I second all of that... Iwant it to warm back up for some trips to the zoo and parks, etc, but by then the baby will be here and I will have more than enough pictures to take
Old Dec 12, 2006, 3:46 PM   #24
TC3

What i know i am getting on the 25th is the DA 10-17, Pentax 360 flash, Manfrotto Modo monopod, Arctic Butterfly 724 sensor brush and an old Sears 135 f2.8 that was picked up on ebay for me.

Maybe the best thing of all is my Xmas day is gonna be pretty long as we fly to the States on Xmas day and they are 6 hours behind uk where i am flying too :blah:
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 6:01 PM   #25
TDN

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
I haven't been able to find any grips for the ist cameras... Where'd you find them? Are they like the vertical grips for Canon's or somehting completely different?
There's only one available for the *ist D and k10D. All the others don't have the necessary contacts on the bottom of the camera.

I'd love one too, that and TTL are about the only 2 things I miss in my DL...
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2006, 9:56 AM   #26

While looking for a birthday present for my father-in-law (he is after a small pocketable digicam with 5mp+ and more than 3x zoom) I stumbled about a nice offer: Pentax *istDL2 with 18-55 kit lens and 2GB SanDisk Extreme III card plus camera bag. Including shipping for under 500,00 EUR.

Mailed it to my wife, 10 minutes later I got the answer "BUY IT". So this is OUR christmas present for this year. I throw in some rechargables plus recharger (to be on the safe side with camera stamina).

This is A LOT more than I was hoping for, new PC would be nice since our old family PC is dieing since the end of 2005 but still works... so this is a thing to save for in 2007 - and no more waiting on that - too much precious data on it.

So I am quite happy and waiting for the stuff to arrive!
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2006, 3:43 PM   #27

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I am still waiting for the Post Office to deliver my "new" *istDS, if it turns out to be as good as I hope I guess my wife will get the DL back this year.
Can't see any reason why you shouldn't be pleased - I've had mine for close on 2 years & it does everything that I need.

I would imagine that JPEGs are much the same with the *istDL as the *isDS which of course means that they'll need a bit of post processing to get the best out of them - not that that's a bad thing.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 5:36 AM   #28

i doubt i will get any thing photographic this year \
unless i buy it myself (like a K10d hmmmm)
i just want the photo fairy to wave its wand over my camera so all my photos are keepers

Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 8:18 AM   #29

Catbells wrote:
Quote:
Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I am still waiting for the Post Office to deliver my "new" *istDS, if it turns out to be as good as I hope I guess my wife will get the DL back this year.
Can't see any reason why you shouldn't be pleased - I've had mine for close on 2 years & it does everything that I need.

I would imagine that JPEGs are much the same with the *istDL as the *isDS which of course means that they'll need a bit of post processing to get the best out of them - not that that's a bad thing.
When I shot film I always had more then one camera body, "just in case". Now when I shoot weddings, or just take a day for pictures, my wife and I will both have a DSLR to use. I can't afford a new camera, I wanted the best manual focus performance so that I could make use of my old lenses. I now have the DS with the Chinese focus screen and it is just like using my old MESuper but with instant feedback.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 8:28 AM   #30

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I now have the DS with the Chinese focus screen and it is just like using my old MESuper but with instant feedback.
I'm guessing this has the magnified center? Where do you get these and how hard are they to change out?