Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 12, 2006, 4:33 PM   #11

the one on the left-- is that a ''bug''??? half boston, half pug. they make a nice mix..

roy
Old Dec 12, 2006, 4:45 PM   #12

They are both French Bulldogs. The one on the left was the runt of the litter.
cwguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 8:38 PM   #13

Here's the pic I took of my daughter (10 months old) that I used as part of our xmas cards. Happy holidays everybody!

royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 8:51 PM   #14

I recently took an online card making class. We used PSE4. The paper I was using was Staples brand "photo supreme double-sided matte". It's the right thickness and the photos look great on it.

I haven't made any Christmas cards yet. As someone else said, we have to work for a living.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass that paper tip along. We learned how to make envelopes, money cards, all sorts of things. It was a fun class.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 9:18 PM   #15

I've taken Christmas pictures of the family to include in cards in the past, but I've got an extremely "blinky" family...so after two years they were pretty fed up with posing for an hour each time.....

I gave up printing photos years ago. It's just too expensive between the ink, paper and frustration of bad prints.....and too cheap and easy to just pay $.12 each from Snapfish. Plus, I've always felt that the processed prints look better than any printer I've ever had could do.
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 10:34 PM   #16

Basement Shows wrote:
Quote:
I've taken Christmas pictures of the family to include in cards in the past, but I've got an extremely "blinky" family...so after two years they were pretty fed up with posing for an hour each time.....

I gave up printing photos years ago. It's just too expensive between the ink, paper and frustration of bad prints.....and too cheap and easy to just pay $.12 each from Snap fish. Plus, I've always felt that the processed prints look better than any printer I've ever had could do.
time involved= i like doing it so it doesn't matter
paper = 5cents a sheet for glossy. 2 cards per
ink = $35usd for 8 1/2 refills(27full color prints,full page per refill) , from canon = a little over $700usd

I'm happy and we get plenty referrals.

roy
Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:16 PM   #17

Basement Shows wrote:
Quote:

I gave up printing photos years ago. It's just too expensive between the ink, paper and frustration of bad prints.....and too cheap and easy to just pay $.12 each from Snapfish. Plus, I've always felt that the processed prints look better than any printer I've ever had could do.
Snapfish makes photo cards, all you have to do is go on their site and pick a style, or make up your own and have them print them two up on a 8x10 for almost nothing.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote