Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 13, 2006, 4:52 PM   #11

that would never happen in this country because of health and safety risks (I'm serious).

very nice shots.

greg
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2006, 8:01 PM   #12

Beautiful images. Great lighting!
HogRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:07 AM   #13

beautiful pictures. Available light in the dark. Gees. But I wish picture posters would say which camera they used. That would be helpful for those of us comparing cameras for a future purchase. But I'm really impressed with the photos. ChaCha
chacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:56 AM   #14

Thanks for the nice comments. The camera used is not a future buy, I've got a DS and I suppose you'll have to look at the second hand market to find one. I'm very happy with mine, it's not for sale. :love:

Forgot to mention the "glog". In Swedish it's glögg pronounced gloeg (like in Matt Groenig). It's red wine, spiced and sweetened and hot, like the German glüewein. Pour it in a mug, add almonds and raisins and have a ginger bread with it. Really warming for a frozen soul.:?When served in school it's alcohol-free, though.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:57 AM   #15

We do Saint Lucia in our Lutheran Church each year, although the candles in the hair are battery powered versions not the real thing.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:11 AM   #16

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
We do Saint Lucia in our Lutheran Church each year, although the candles in the hair are battery powered versions not the real thing.

Tom
Fun, that must have been introduced by some Swedish immigrant! Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois are where most Swedes ended up when 1/5 of the Swedish poulation emigrated to America a century ago. On our side even the Danes find this tradition exotic.

BTW, the battery "candles" are the most used here too, especially when children are involved.

Adding another picture from the Christmas concert in church: It's my son playing the recorder, his cousin on harpsichord and two teachers playing the strings.

What different traditions do you have in other places on this globe?

Kjell
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote