Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:36 PM   #1

ok, so i bought the pentax-a 50mm f1.7.. i got it with a skylight filter.. it's perfect condition.. and i begin to take some pix. i notice that i can't move the aperture ring past 8 or so.. so i go from 1.7 up to 8 but im stuck there.. The aperture on my LCD show F-- and it doesn't work...so anyway. i search around online and saw some post about how aperture stuck and how to fix it.. i open it.. and fix the thing.. but.. the electrical pin kinda fell off and i have no idea how to put it back =(...
im so sad..
i guess i fixed the aperture but now i can't use it in A mode.. booo.
some picture at my blog.
johnyeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:47 PM   #2

On the Pentax lenses I have taken apart the pin or pin's have a spring also that fits in a hole in the lens body, while the pin fits in the spring and then in the retaining ring held on with the screws to the lens body.

Use scotch tape to hold the pin in place on the ring, then carefully lower it onto the spring that is in the hole in the lens. The tape goes on the outside of the ring, the pin on the inside with the tape holding the base of the pin.

Then hold the ring down and put in the screws and you should be good.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2006, 8:03 AM   #3

you've got to pull the tape out tho, don't you??
Old Dec 18, 2006, 8:34 AM   #4

Tape is on the outside where the screw heads are, so you obviously need to take it off before you use the lens, or you still won't have an electrical connection.

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2006, 1:58 PM   #5

where the pin & spring is.. there is two piece of metal there, i think i lost one somewhere.. i'm still confuse on how the pin, spring and the 2 pieces of metal suppose to be put together.. a diagram would be awesome if u got time to Ms paint something quick. thanks.
johnyeros is offline   Reply With Quote