Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 18, 2006, 5:05 PM   #1

Loving it so far, and still learning it. Read most of the manual at work yesterday, haha.

Tell what you guys think, and tell me what I'm doing right or wrong so far.

these shots taken with my girlfriends sd550. Like that camera a lot to for what it is.

Now the k100

My lady took this shot of me and the friends

:|

Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2006, 9:04 AM   #2

Not thoughts, comments, adive for a fellow new pentax owner?
Old Dec 19, 2006, 10:34 AM   #3

The dog looks suspicious of your motives and the Honda needs work!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 12:02 PM   #4

Haha... If you look to the right, you'll see the turbo. If the dog was not in the picture, you'd see the front mount intercooler. :G
Old Dec 19, 2006, 2:27 PM   #5

Love the dog (and yes, it does look like he's not too sure of things). The cigarette looks like the camera focused just in front of it, on the ash tray. That's something you might want to watch out for - the default setting for focus (matrix) will sometimes focus on something you don't want. The focus mechanism will look for contrast and if there is something at one of the active focus points with more contrast than the center spot, it'll focus there instead of where you expect it to. I just keep the camera set to center focus most of the time, focus and recompose.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 2:46 PM   #6

I did see the turbo, and since it needs to be in the car, that is why I said the Civic needs work. Did that once with a non turbo motor in a Honda and found the block was not strong enough for the turbo boost, plus I had to lower the compression quite a bit to make the turbo work properly.

The close up of the ashtray seems to need more DOF to me and as mentioned earlier the focus seems in front of where it should be.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 5:24 PM   #7

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
I did see the turbo, and since it needs to be in the car, that is why I said the Civic needs work. Did that once with a non turbo motor in a Honda and found the block was not strong enough for the turbo boost, plus I had to lower the compression quite a bit to make the turbo work properly.

The close up of the ashtray seems to need more DOF to me and as mentioned earlier the focus seems in front of where it should be.

Tom
On the honda, what motor did you have? what size turbo? And how much boost did you try to run? And what kindof fuel management? The higher the comp, the lower the boost has to be. I'm using a 1st gen. eclispe 14b turbo going on a single overhead cam honda motor. Should be able to get 200-220whp on stock block and head. Some people are getting 220-250whp on stock blocks. Replace the pistons and rods, and you can get 300+whp on one of these babies.

Yeah, that's the difference with looking at the pictureson the camera screen, and seeing them on the computer. I thought a couple of pics would come out decent, then I uploaded them to the computer . Now I see the reason why you shoot things more than one time. hahaha :?
Old Dec 19, 2006, 8:42 PM   #8

You must be a very good person.
I have a K100D, a Honda and a dog.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote