Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 18, 2006, 7:11 PM   #1

This lens seems to be back ordered everywhere. Is it on its way out, or just limited supply?

Anyone who knows where to get them, please let me know. :-DTHANKS!
cheyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2006, 8:04 PM   #2

Everyone is out of stock of them because everyone wants them. Just order the unit from bhphoto.com or adorama.com and wait for them to get it. They won't charge your card until they ship it. That is what I did and how I got it a month ago.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2006, 8:27 PM   #3

superakuma wrote:
Quote:
Everyone is out of stock of them because everyone wants them. Just order the unit from bhphoto.com or adorama.com and wait for them to get it. They won't charge your card until they ship it. That is what I did and how I got it a month ago.
I think the rate after rebate is completely underpriced.

Why?

They are all made in Japan. It would be a matter of time that only * lens are still to be made there.

I got it last yr before the rebate kicked in . The supply of this batch is probably the last we will see. Somewhat like you should retain the old Sony Japanese made TV. Are they the same? Anyway the value stands

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2006, 9:04 PM   #4

I got mine at B&H about a month ago. I just checked everyday to see if they had some available. Then one day they said they had some in stock and I picked 1 up. Then I told my wife I bought it a couple days later after she saw the receipt in my email :-)

Supa Lao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2006, 11:17 PM   #5

I see Amazon has it for 238.99. Doesn't say anything about a rebate though.
And at that price, I'd wait for the backorders to come in.

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-SMCP-FA...;s=electronics

I am looking for one myself. Been having Lens Envy looking at everyones pics.
Time to get some nice glass for me.
macshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:36 AM   #6

Well what do you know....after logging on to read your replies, I decided to check a few sites to see if I could order it on back order and wait for it to come in....when I saw BHPhoto had it in stock! They didnt have it earlier today when I checked. I opted for the 10 dollar shipping in hopes of getting it here before christmas.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"The total came out to $229.40 - $50 rebate = $179.40

I'm pumped
cheyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 9:48 AM   #7

Thanks for the news!

I almost added one to my cart, but hopefully they still have stock this evening. Gotta wait for a deposit to go through so that I can add a Sigma 105mm Macro to the order!
macshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 10:17 AM   #8

this lens is much like Yeti or BigFoot. not many people actually seen it :blah:

greg
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:26 AM   #9

I just checked B&H and they are showing the FA50-f1.4 in stock. Those that have been waited to get this better act quick, they won't last long. The $50 rebate ends Jan 8th also. Adorama stills shows out of stock- Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 12:29 PM   #10

my pentax 50mm 1.4 af was dropped off at my door yesterday. the weird thing is, i had no idea it was coming. of course, i placed my order with adorama a couple weeks back while it was out of stock, but after checking the site every day since, they never had it in stock. i also didn't receive any email confirming shipment or transaction. then one day (yesterday), it shows up at my door.

so even if adorama says they're sold out, i'd place a backorder, cuz you might get lucky :-D
plagued is offline   Reply With Quote