Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 18, 2006, 6:29 PM   #1

Now that I've safely placed my order, I'll share this little HUGE deal with everyone that hasn't seen it! I saw that Dell has 15% off all electronics purchased before 8am eastern time on 12/21. so I went to see if they have the k10d for such a good price! if you look in their camera section by using their menus on the left column, the camera is not listed under pentax. BUT, do a search for K10D in the digital camera section, and low and behold, K10D for 999 magically appears! (here

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/c...l=en&s=dhs

Add that to your cart, and you'll get it for $849.

Take a trip over to our friends at ebay, and search 'dell stackable coupon' - find one that says its for cameras - most of them say it in the description, and the one i got even mentioned the 15% sale dell is having at the moment in the auction. also, make sure the seller has a good amount of positive feedback so you dont get screwed. $4 and an email later, you'll get a nice little coupon that will bring the camera w/kit lens total to $764!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone interested in a DL?! :-)

Edit: noticed it may be a week or two before it's shipped, but at that price i can wait.

milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2006, 11:23 PM   #2

Good deal!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 2:17 PM   #3

....and thank you for bringing this to our attention. A good deal at this point in the game.
nznhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 3:07 PM   #4

nznhut wrote:
Quote:
....and thank you for bringing this to our attention. A good deal at this point in the game.
no problem; i'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned anymore, its all over the dpreview boards. unless Dell does another 15% off plus stackable coupon sale sometime in the future, i doubt we'll see that kind of price for the k10d for a good year, if ever with the kit lens! considering demand seems to be skyhigh, this is a steal for a month old camera.

i ended up having to place the order again, it didn't go through the first time yesterday afternoon. all is well now, my estimated ship date is 1/5! if that date holds up its gonna be a good 3 weeks till its in my hands, at least 2 day shipping was only $16 - i couldn't wait knowing it is in the mail for 3-5 days, even if that option was free.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 3:25 PM   #5

A very good deal now as the K10D is very new. I would expect prices to drop rather quickly though as Amazon had the Sony Alpha last week for $719 shipped (Including Lens).

If the competition gets fierce, I just may have to pick up a K10D body
intence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 6:02 PM   #6

intence wrote:
Quote:
A very good deal now as the K10D is very new. I would expect prices to drop rather quickly though as Amazon had the Sony Alpha last week for $719 shipped (Including Lens).

If the competition gets fierce, I just may have to pick up a K10D body
I think the alpha is going for that low already more because of sony than anything else; they're charging an arm and a leg for their lenses too.

i think for the k10d you'll be lucky to see a 10% decrease. demand won't wane because of a wishy washy review on dpreview; the luminous landscape review is out there too with much more praise. while the k10d might be in the price category of the a100, d80 and rebel xti, the feature set is really in competition with the 30d and d200. until the price of those cameras, or new models from C&N with some of the innovative pentax features surface, the k10d really is it's own niche and will hold its retail value. the best part though, is that it will ultimately drive overall prices down for us, and make better cameras. kudos to pentax for being innovative and forcing the competition to play catch-up, i'm very happy with their direction at the moment!