Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 18, 2006, 6:50 PM   #1

Let me preceed this by saying I am not some cheap criminal, I am only asking this as a question; I don't even know if I'll be buying the lens.

Okay, I was wondering if I bought a lens (up here in Canada) and mailed all of the required materials but had the address as an American one (say a relative) if the rebate would be processed?

Edit: Now that I read through this it sounds a little worse than it did in my head :O
balofagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2006, 7:10 PM   #2

I don't see that as being a criminal I see it as trying to save money. But unless if you bought the lens here in US, it won't work because when you do the rebate you have to fill out the serial number. If the serial number does not match a US product, they will not give you the rebate.

balofagus wrote:
Quote:
Let me preceed this by saying I am not some cheap criminal, I am only asking this as a question; I don't even know if I'll be buying the lens.

Okay, I was wondering if I bought a lens (up here in Canada) and mailed all of the required materials but had the address as an American one (say a relative) if the rebate would be processed?

Edit: Now that I read through this it sounds a little worse than it did in my head :O
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2006, 7:20 PM   #3

just have the person in the us make the purchase and have it shipped to them. they can forward it to you and apply for the rebate. i doubt that you''l be able to claim the rebate if it is shipped to you in can.

roy
Old Dec 18, 2006, 7:24 PM   #4

Ohhhh, ok, that makes sense. Looks like I'll be saving a little longer.
balofagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2006, 10:45 PM   #5

robar wrote:
Quote:
just have the person in the us make the purchase and have it shipped to them. they can forward it to you and apply for the rebate. i doubt that you''l be able to claim the rebate if it is shipped to you in can.

roy
I agree with Roy this is a way to go. However,you mght want to be sure that you wont have To pay Custom's Dutys or any Tax's to get it over the Border. If anything Is involved It might cost more than the rebate.

Just a thought

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote