Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 20, 2006, 9:24 AM   #11

Tom - love your pictures, weather is supposed to be nice in SoCal for the start of the year (not sure about NorCal though). Maybe some rain around the 27th but otherwise nice. The hyper program on the K10 is really nice - I'll probably use that mostly. I'm still reading the manual and trying to figure it all out, and haven'ttaken all that much opportunity to really use some of the features.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2006, 9:50 AM   #12

Thanks for the weather report! My friend from Calistoga called yesterday and it was 27F in the morning, over cast and only going to get up to 40F during the day. I can only think positively about the weather in NCal the first week in Jan and hope for sun and good shooting.

I loved the Hyper-program feature on my PZ-1P film camera, I shot only slides and the exposure was always dead on. The K10D seems to work the same so far and if so, I don't see myself using anything else for normal shooting.

With the front and rear wheels you can change any aperture or shutter speed settings you want on the fly and keep the exposure the same.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:31 PM   #13
TC3

Yeah i heard and saw on a webcam all that lovely snow.....watched it melt day by day too

Will be in Milwaukee to see wifes familly and a day in Chicago too and will prob stop at that Central Camera store there which is meant to be good. Aiming to only take my fa50 1.4in my pocketand the 10-17 i will soon have as a fun package for the day in chicago.

Been told to use sealable bags when taking camera from cold to warm but maybe that is only a requirement for really cold weather as it isnt drastically cold out there right noe is it

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2006, 2:02 PM   #14

It should be around freezing when you are there so that isn't really cold for winters here. I have NEVER used sealable bags for my camera gear in all the time I have lived here, so I have no idea what that is about. Even in a bag, the gear will get cold and then the same problem of condensation comes up when you go into a warm area.

If you are out in the cold and come into a warm area your camera lens will fog up for a short period of time, just like eye glasses will, while the opposite is not the case, when you go out in the cold the glass stays clear. I have used Pentax SLR and DSLR gear in the cold for years and the slight fogging has never caused a permanent problem, you just will have to wait a few munutes to take indoor shots after the camera gets extremely cold.

Arts Camera Plus (262) 542-6222 is a Pentax savy shop in the Milwaukee area, while Mike Crivello being one of the big names in Milwaukee is a Canon and Nikon snob shop.

PM me if you need any more info!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote