Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 21, 2006, 10:41 PM   #1

I love the versatile of the Tamron 28-200mm. It's pretty good for daylight and outdoor shots but man, tonight it didn't cut it indoor so I have to switch to my 50mm-1.7 The quality of this lens is amazing!!! Here're some pix from a small gathering.. C&C are encourage!

More can be seen at: http://baonguyen.blogdns.net/gallery...g2_itemId=6566

johnyeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:24 PM   #2

These are quite nice! The pup didn't want to hold still long enough - even at 1.7 you were still using a fairly slow shutter speed.

It could be just my tired eyes (it's past my bedtime) but it seems like the f1.7 worked against you in the first picture. On my monitor it looks like the small DOF you get at that aperture wasn't big enough, and your friend's face is slightly OOF, while the cup and his hands are in focus. Or is it just me - my eyes are really tired right now. And with that, I'll wish you all a good night!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2006, 12:22 AM   #3

Nice shots. I too have the smc-f 50mm 1.7. In my experience with this lens, I think that stopping down to f2 delivers the sharpest images without sacrificing low light speed. It's definitely my go to lens for indoor photography without a doubt.

Here are some of my shots.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/royce10...7594375734191/
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2006, 2:16 AM   #4

Good looking shots, wish I'll get the same results out of my 1.7.

Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2006, 3:30 AM   #5
TDN

gotta love that lens

Nice shots!
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2006, 6:14 AM   #6

royce10: About this, I feel like my picture is a little dark. I was shootin ISO200 initially but I found ISO400 was better later on for these. Your pictures are pretty lively =). What condition did you take them under and did you use flash in your pictures or what.

Any help would be great from all of you guys would be great! I'm still learning =)
johnyeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2006, 9:18 AM   #7

I usually have my camera set at Av priority= 2, Iso=800. I don't like using flash. I find it very obtrusive. I just use the ambient light. Also what I do now, is to shoot in RAW when I'm indoors. It gives me much more control over the white balance and other adjustments that can be done in post processing with PS. RAW lets much push the image much further and squeeze more out of it in post processing without degrading the image. Give it a try. For outdoor lighting, jpg is fine for me.
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote