Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 23, 2006, 5:23 AM   #11

Gee I am glad noone was on that push bike. I would have come across and done a good investigation for you before, but now my career has taken a different path :lol::lol::lol:

Last week it was Tonga, go to love the easy life of fishing for your dinner each day at Afa on the island of TongaTapu.

This week it is the Island of Guadalcanal in the Solomon Islands and I can tell you it is HOT and Sunny
Attached Images

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2006, 7:49 AM   #12

Well, at least there were no injuries, and hopefully your Honda will be Fit soon. (sorry it is very hard to resist) It amazes me how some people take no care in insuring that a load is safe and stable.

Merry Christmas

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2006, 8:27 AM   #13

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
Gee I am glad noone was on that push bike. I would have come across and done a good investigation for you before, but now my career has taken a different path :lol::lol::lol:

Last week it was Tonga, go to love the easy life of fishing for your dinner each day at Afa on the island of TongaTapu.

This week it is the Island of Guadalcanal in the Solomon Islands and I can tell you it is HOT and Sunny
I feel for you - must be terrible to be in paradise, with beautiful scenery/weather all around. So glad to be in the UK with freezing fog and scraping ice from the car windows every morning. Sigh!!

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2006, 6:47 PM   #14

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
Hey Crashman, I am glad you checked in. I am glad to hear that you are doing well. One of my dreams for a vacation/photographic jaunt would be to visit Europe and Pacific world war battlefields and photograph the relics. How much of that history remains on Guadalcanal? Have a Merry and Tropcial Christmas!

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2006, 6:49 PM   #15

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
This was what our car looked like at about 5:30 this morning, on the side of the freeway. A closer look - I didn't do much except either crop or resize these pictures (too painful looking at them), they were taken with the on-camera flash, DA 50-200and ISO 800. I didn't bother using Neat Image.
I am sorry to hear about your bad experience Harriet. Hopefully the rest of your holiday weekend will go better.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2006, 7:00 PM   #16

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Crashman wrote:
Quote:
Hey Crashman, I am glad you checked in. I am glad to hear that you are doing well. One of my dreams for a vacation/photographic jaunt would be to visit Europe and Pacific world war battlefields and photograph the relics. How much of that history remains on Guadalcanal? Have a Merry and Tropcial Christmas!

Tim
HI Crashman

I am With Tim. This is my dream also. I had an Uncle KIA In Europe (France) and My Dad was on a Carrier in the Pacific. His carrier was Actually very Near the Japanese
Coast.

Harriet
Sorry For going Off topic: So Sorry to See what happened to you and your Car. Its Just a Great thing that no one was Injuryed or Killed. That Would have been far Worse.

Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday!!

Phil

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2006, 7:19 PM   #17

Crashman - Lovely looking spot, though I shouldn't complain too loudly. I'm looking out at a bright blue sky with no clouds in sight, and the expectation that it will remain that way for the time we will be here. And tomorrow I'll (hopefully) be able to spend some time admiring the work of one of my favorite photographers.

Now that the logistics of suddenly finding ourselves stranded is over, it's not so bad. Thanks for letting my cry on all of your shoulders - it was a long day yesterday.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2006, 3:51 AM   #18

Tim and Phil

There is a heap of war wrecks that you can dive on and some you can snorkel on (this is a Japanese transport ship just up the road).

There are Aircraft, landing craft, sherman tanks hulls and lots and lots of ammo, bombs, morter rounds, AA guns, hand grenades, water bottles and helmets being located all over the place.

Xmas away from family sucks, we had candles by candle light here tonight as Xmas is officiall 4 hrs and 10 mins away.

merry Xmas to one and all and very prosperous year.

Crash
Attached Images

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2006, 8:40 AM   #19

Quote:
and done a good investigation
Would have been the first one Crashman :lol:

Happy xmas.

Cam

CameronDiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:32 AM   #20

Cool picture - looks like there'd be lots of photo opportunities. Don't know if I should thank you or not, though, because there are far too many places I want to visit than there is time to visit them.

It IS hard to be away from homeduring the holiday season- and my good wishes go out to all who are far from their loved ones.

P.S. - For all who are traveling by car, I wish you a safe journey. Yesterday as we were traveling north to Vegas, we passed a southbound accident, with a car on upside down on the side of the freeway. This isn't an unusual occurance on this stretch of the freeway, but it bothered me much more this time- between having all of the things you have to do to get unstranded so fresh in my mind,and the thought that those folks might not make it in time for Christmas really gave me pause.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote