Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 24, 2006, 1:26 PM   #31

mtngal schreef:
Quote:
Michelle - a Canadian in Germany, huh? That takes me back to 1980 when a certain Canadian soldier said "hi" to a certain American soldier while both were visiting Kaiserslautern, then later bought that American a camera that she had never even heard of, much less thought about. I've often wondered whether that Canadian serviceman regrets that purchase - he's ended up buying6 morecamerasover the years (4 of them made by Pentaxand 3 of those in the past year). And photography, whether you are any good at it or not, is still more fun than knitting (though not as warming, as I sit covered up with an afgan I knitted several years ago and thinking of snowshoeing in another months).

As far as your picture goes - the camera let you down. I'll be interested in seeing what you make of the Pentax camera when you get it!
Sarah,

Your not talking about that man sitting in that chair for weeks while your are doing all kinds of - photographic- tests are you ? -May be my poor English you know. -

Sounds like a very nice -Christmas- story.

I've been in Kaiserslautern, but the pictures I made are made with the Kodak 6490!

If you like it I will post some -when I find them- in the Kodak forum.

All the best to the both of you. - Let him move some times ,Sarah!, he has earnt it-

Richard.

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2006, 1:31 PM   #32

am i missing something??
who's Sarah??
Old Dec 24, 2006, 1:33 PM   #33

Your Harriet ?

Richard.

Old Dec 24, 2006, 1:52 PM   #34

sarah is harriet??
Old Dec 24, 2006, 1:53 PM   #35

I sometimes get the confused too

mtngal=harriet
mountainclimber=sarah

? right ?

Harriet - my old SLR was purchased by my stepfather in west Germany in the 80s as well. Its a Praktica, and before we had the wonders of the internet, we really had no idea WHAT it was - esp being from a small rural town in Canada.

Lately, it's been calling for me from within storage in Canada - poor thing, waiting forever for mama to come home :roll:. Nevertheless, I found some German dudes Praktika's obsession website, and was able to locate my model to get info on the lens mount. Thank god for collectors. Isn't she a beauty?

http://www.praktica-collector.de/221_Praktica_BC1.htm

Completely off topic, I know. I just find it ironic that for a long time I had a German camera that came across an ocean, and now here I am in Germany trying to get one from the US.

--

As for the anti-Pentax snobs, if I see anything I'll have to send out my thugs to break some kneecaps. Everyone gets a Nikon D50 or a Rebel for their first dSLR. pffft.

MichelleBuerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2006, 1:58 PM   #36

i get it, i get it
Old Dec 24, 2006, 2:02 PM   #37

Ahh! yes, mtclimber is Sarah!. Sorry Sarah, sorryHarriet.

I take all my words back, but not my pictures ok ? LOL :|

Richard.

Old Dec 24, 2006, 4:48 PM   #38

There is more to Steves forum than this Pentax group???
geee
when did that happen
?

i have to admit i dont have enough time to put into this forum let alone any other

but this has been a very enlightening discussion

Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2006, 8:42 PM   #39

I agree on the "not enough time". I limit myself to this forum and the Weekly Challenge one where I post photos. Only recently started that and it has been fun. It's really helping me to learn my camera (K100D)

Sometimes I don't have time to even read these two forums and must only read the ones that the topic sounds of interest to me.

I think in the beginning I had posted on the critique forum on a few photos and didn't get much response. Maybe because, as someone said, you have to ask for it. But, I thought that was the point of the forum. So, didn't ask for it.

I was also posting at betterphoto.com daily for a brief period. But, they get so many photos every day that if you don't post right when someone's on to critique you, your photo gets bypassed. I was hoping for real critiquing of what I could have done better. Better composition, different settings, etc. Or, maybe I should just give it up altogether! Maybe the photos weren't worth critiquing.

I don't feel I'm as good as any of the people that do the weekly challenge. But, until they tell me to quit wasting their time, I'll continue to post.

Hoping to improve my skills whatever it takes.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:51 PM   #40

I'll answer to just about anything, especially because I almost always forget to add my name to the end of my posts.

Yes - I'm Harriet, and mountainclimber is Sarah.

Michelle - did you verify that your praktica has M42 screw-mount lenses? I had never heard of it and went looking for information on the internet a bit. The site I found talked about them being one of the first to use the M42 mount, so it sounded like you'd have no problem. Enjoy Germany - I have fond memories even though I haven't been back since the mid 1980's.

Mark - if any of what I took todayhad looked even close to being fit for posting, I would. However, they all had a case of the blahs - I was trying to take Christmas decorations made up of mostly flowers and plants somewhere that was so crowded I could bearly move. Very disheartening when I can't decide whether to crop out the Christmas decoration/waterfeaturethat I was aiming for or the bride and groom that were in the background crowd. Hindsight what it is, I should have practiced street shots/people picturesinstead of trying to capture Christmas decorations on a giant scale.

- Harriet
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote