Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 25, 2006, 4:06 AM   #41

I have now posted again in the wildlife forum, and had some positive comments - always nice. However, I sometimes have trouble keeping up with this forum. Come the summer I have very little time as alwayus out an about.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2006, 12:48 PM   #42

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
I have now posted again in the wildlife forum, and had some positive comments - always nice. However, I sometimes have trouble keeping up with this forum. Come the summer I have very little time as alwayus out an about.

Darren
Darren,
I did post here and there in the wildlife forum. The standard of their pict is sky high and I do not think I can keep up unless if I can migrate in the next 3 months to Roy's territory or royce's or.....
Another thing I have noticed is that - see if members have similar feeling - his forum is something more than posting pict and talk about Pentax lens/bodies.
A lot of time I post pict + story barely linked to the pict posted.
Say

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?
id=107904&forum_id=80&jump_to=632053#p6320 53

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...629138#p629138

Afterall I do have choose which forum to post for each topic.
With this forum I have no trouble.

Another alternative is for us to stay within this forum and post whatever that is really interesting to say Wildlife / Architecture /.......if we find it worth the while to get additional comments / exposure / kudos

Daniel

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2006, 12:53 PM   #43

I just posted

" if I can migrate in the next 3 months to Roy's territory or royce's or....."

I should ask why I say that . Because I know they are around. And people reading this know what I am talking about.

Can I post in other forum that way? I doubt.

My point is that we are almost treating this as a meeting place.

Daniel
Old Dec 25, 2006, 1:44 PM   #44

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
I just posted

" if I can migrate in the next 3 months to Roy's territory or royce's or....."

I should ask why I say that . Because I know they are around. And people reading this know what I am talking about.

Can I post in other forum that way? I doubt.

My point is that we are almost treating this as a meeting place.

Daniel
I think that hits the nail on the head Daniel, we do have more of a meeting place than a forum going here. There is a core of regulars that have developed a rapport similar to what would be found in a face-to-face photo club. We know enough about each other to have a better idea of how people will react to images posted.

I guess it has become a "safe neighbourhood" (and I mean that in a positive not a derogatory sense.) It is good to venture out to other forums since there is more to be learned if the experience is more diverse, but it is nice to have a place to "come home to".

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2006, 5:11 AM   #45

mainly because of lack of response. if you go t oclose up forum, which has a lot of posts you'll see most of them don't have any response. I posted few photos over there and in 3 days had 44 views and 0 answers. over here I had 200 views and 6 answers in the same time.

greg
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2006, 7:48 AM   #46

The consensus is clear. Instead of only 1 forum to post, now I have to classify the pict and post to wherever it is supposed to - 5-6 forum. None of us will have time to track all.
When we see great pict in another forum, chance is that they are from either Nikon or Canon. It is not that Canon/Nikon are necessarily better, they just have more users. So we cannot simulate /corelate.
Somebody in here has a great manual macro lens and we can make a note to bid later on when something comes up on ebay. In other forum, no chance.
Nah, overall not very viable

Daniel
Old Dec 28, 2006, 12:03 AM   #47

Here's my half serious idea. Change the way the site works so that one thread can exist in multiple forums. This way, when you post your landscape shots in the Pentax forum, you can also check a box for the Landscape forum and the one thread will appear in both forums so that people in either forum find their way to the same thread.

Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 7:14 PM   #48

The site "works" based on specific Forum software (Wow BB) that Steve purchased. We can't make universal changes unless the software developer does so & releases it to all users. You can always post the link to the thread of your image is you want people here to go look at it.......there's no right or wrong way, just different.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 8:19 AM   #49

gfurm wrote:
Quote:
mainly because of lack of response. if you go t oclose up forum, which has a lot of posts you'll see most of them don't have any response. I posted few photos over there and in 3 days had 44 views and 0 answers. over here I had 200 views and 6 answers in the same time.

greg
Greg is right, I posted six images on the Critiques and Techniques forum, I got a total of six responses on two of the picturesand none on the other three. Were they good enough that no-one felt it was necessary to respond? Were they so awful that no-one wanted to break it to me? Who knows?

I will continue to visit there, and comment on images, and even post a few. This can work so I will give it a chance but the slow rate of responses can be very discouraging.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 8:52 AM   #50

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
This can work so I will give it a chance but the slow rate of responses can be very discouraging.

Ira
kinda reminds me of here a couple of years ago.

roy