Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 26, 2006, 3:06 PM   #1

while surfing / searching reviews I found this one

http://www.anandtech.com/digitalcame...oc.aspx?i=2896

best value in the entry-level Digital SLR Pentax K110D kit, in the 10 Megapixel category its clearly the Pentax K10D

i kinda love these reviewers :G

Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2006, 4:01 PM   #2

rhermans wrote:
Quote:
while surfing / searching reviews I found this one

http://www.anandtech.com/digitalcame...oc.aspx?i=2896

best value in the entry-level Digital SLR Pentax K110D kit, in the 10 Megapixel category its clearly the Pentax K10D

i kinda love these reviewers :G

Ronny

Interesting input from the PC sector. Contrary to most photo sites, they are probably less affected by the impact of advertising dollar (or the lack thereof). They are immune to any pressure from heavyweights (in terms ofbulk advertising dollor) like Canon or Nikon. Though less authoritative, they are probably more objective in their finding .

If I ask this forum for car choice, I believe I will be getting a lot less hype/B S as shown in some so-called car magazine .

Daniel, Toronto
http://www.pbase.com/danieltong

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2006, 9:34 PM   #3

Found it kind of strange that there were no actual product shots except k10d and a lack of sample pics..........

While I agree with their assessment, the review was extremely uninformative with regards to the other contenders, and there was not one test done for image quality

This is basically a summary of the choices availabe and the author's opinion (which happens to be mostly correct) about which features matter and what they mean to consumers..... But you can't take such a superficial review seriously.
mongrelchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2006, 3:34 AM   #4
TDN

Quote:
including excellent "focus-assist" features for non AF lenses
Finally a review that mentiones this. Too bad the rest of the article has some serious flaws.

Regarding the K110D as the best atm seems very strange. In Europe the price difference with the K100D is only 50 €, and I'm sure people here will acknowledge that the SR is worth more than that.

Saying that a Rebel Xti and a 30D are basicly the same camera, based on the sensor alone is something you won't hear out of a photographer's mouth either...

Nice initiative though, especially since they're not biased to a certain brand, although I do think they're being a little too nice to our Pentaxes...but then again, Pentax can use all the positive advertising it gets nowadays

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2006, 6:58 AM   #5

TDN wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
including excellent "focus-assist" features for non AF lenses
That is a point better made by an outsider. Most camera reviewers hardly pay attention to this - backward compatibility which is a key weakness of Nikon/Canon. If everybody use their old gears who is to buy the new gears. Nobody in the whole camera/camera media industry want to sell features favouring old lens/gear.
Somebody comes out with a $50 upgrade to your Pentax 1 computer. And I can tell you that will not be welcome in the computer industry. Look at our house items/gismos around us, all the consumer goods push us to spend on new gear and dispose of the old. Not Pentax whose new S R feature actually turns my 80s gear into modern one sith S R. A lot of Canon/Nikon gears are angry that Canon/nikon do not offer that.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2006, 8:03 AM   #6
TDN

Yes, the lightmetering with odler lenses is great, but what I eman twas that the focus assist is even greater!

With poor eyesight like mine, MF would be impossible without the focus confirmation (which does not exist on other brands)

I would have to spend 3x as much as I do now to get the AF version of my lenses
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote