Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 29, 2006, 12:15 PM   #31

I believe you have 30 days from the purchase date to mail it in. The last rebate sheet stated "purchase between X and X dates". I don't see that this one says that. You can check out the rebate form at http://www.pentaximaging.com/purchase/rebates_offers/

I know how you feel about having to feel it in your hands. I was the same way with the K100 before I could hold it I didn't want to just buy it. But, I still agree that either one you choose you will be happy with.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 12:20 PM   #32

You just need to make your purchase before then. You get at least a month to get everything to the post office, but definitely read the details. Be sure you download the form before Jan 9, sometimes they can be hard to find after the end date.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 1:01 PM   #33

TN Mary wrote:
Quote:
I think what would help make this decision MUCH easier is if I could just hold a darn K10 in my hands. It would take all of 2 seconds to say - yeah it's a brick - or the weight isn't that bad - I'll take it. If they were both the same cost... I'd still be mulling back and forth between the 2 just b/c I can't see a K10 in person! :?
Holding the camera can sometimes be the deciding factor so you're smart to try to get your hands on the K10 since you're so torn between the two. I purchased my K100 site unseen since there were none to be found in my local stores but I held both the Rebel XT which felt too small for my hands and the D50 which felt too large. I knew by the specs that the K100 was in between the two in size so I felt pretty confident that itwould be a good fit and the IS was also abig draw for me so I took a chance and I'm glad I did because I love my K100. But as others have said I don't think you can go wrong either way. For me, I'm just an amateur takingpictures mostly of family, the outdoors and vacation picsand the price of the K100 at the time couldn't be beat (of course, since I bought mine the rebate offer came out:sad.

Good luck in whatever you decide!!:-)
JeanneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:03 PM   #34

Which lenses are you all planning on getting with your K100's?

TN Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:12 PM   #35

TN Mary wrote:
Quote:
Which lenses are you all planning on getting with your K100's?

I have the DA 18-55 (came with the camera, at the time it was only $17more for thekit lensvs body only), the DA 50-200 and I just recently purchased the 50mm 1.4 that is so difficult to find these days. But I've been seriously considering selling my 18-55 and buying the Sigma 18-125. I found myselfa bit frustrated whileon vacation earlier this month and wishing I had more of a walkaround lens rather than having to always switch lenses andthe Sigma is one I've been considering since I first got the camera. It's difficult to figure out the perfect lens assortment without spending a ton of money!!:-)
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:22 PM   #36

I've got this I'm choosing between:

Plan A:

10-17mm zoom fisheye

18-55 kit lense

DA 50-200 or Tamron 70-300

Plan B:

fixed fisheye lense

Sigma 17-70

DA 50-200 or Tamron 70-300

> How is the picture quality with the Sigma 18-125? That sounds like an ideal walk-around. Is it a large lense? How much does it cost?

Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:28 PM   #37

I took these with my K100D and the Sigma 18-125 mm lens , not the most brilliant shots, but they show you what it can do.
Attached Images

Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:29 PM   #38

Sigma 18-125 mm
Attached Images

Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2006, 8:16 AM   #39

TN Mary wrote:
Quote:
> How is the picture quality with the Sigma 18-125? That sounds like an ideal walk-around. Is it a large lense? How much does it cost?
Here's a link to the 18-125 on bhphotovideo although you can get it $30 cheaper from sigma4less.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

Old Dec 31, 2006, 12:43 AM   #40

So guess what?

I still haven't made a decision on which cam to get (much to my husband's dismay).

But I'm strongly leaning toward the K100.

The good news is, I think I've decided on my lenses.

I'm gonna get the Sigma 17-70, Pentax 50-200 and a Zenitar 16mm fisheye.

WoW, that brings me to close to $700 in lenses. :?

If I cut one out... it'll be the Sigma 17-70... which cuts down my lense package to $300.

Ok... got more thinking to do!