Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 28, 2006, 3:08 PM   #11

royce10 wrote:
Quote:
Lol. Funny pic. Looks like a funeral for your dead bunny. My condolences.:G
Just my thought!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 3:40 PM   #12

Julianne - Welcome and I know your're going to have fun leaningto use yournew camera. One place that many of the people here like to visit is listed below - Bruce

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:44 PM   #13

julianne,

Welcome to the group. I've had my K100 since early August and love it. I'm approaching 1900 photos at this point.

Just wanted to say, I haven't purchased a battery charger yet either. Too many other things going on since I bought it. But, I have been using the CRV-3 batteries and am only on my second set beyond the ones that came with the camera. I will be purchasing a charger before these need to be replaced. But, for max of $15 you won't have to be throwing batteries out while you experiment and research what charger or batteries you want.

Have fun!
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 3:31 AM   #14

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
julianne,

Welcome to the group. I've had my K100 since early August and love it. I'm approaching 1900 photos at this point.

Just wanted to say, I haven't purchased a battery charger yet either. Too many other things going on since I bought it. But, I have been using the CRV-3 batteries and am only on my second set beyond the ones that came with the camera. I will be purchasing a charger before these need to be replaced. But, for max of $15 you won't have to be throwing batteries out while you experiment and research what charger or batteries you want.

Have fun!
Just don't get rechargeable CRV-3 unless they are the almost mythical voltage regulated ones.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:30 AM   #15

Yep, Darren, I forgot to mention that. I use the throw away ones.

Btw, I forgot to comment on the bunny funeral. Poor, poor bunny! My two bunnies here were heartbroken when they saw a fellow mate still like that.:-) They said some prayers for your bunny.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:13 PM   #16

the bunny is OK !!!! turns out he was merely knocked unconscious by a 20 month old girl ( my dauther ) can you believe i never noticed that shot till after it was on my computer.

thank you everybody !!! i am having fun with it although i am just using it as a big P&S right now.

SOOO first question what are those plastic attachment that came with the lens for ?( told you i know noting of these things) i hope i don't bug to many people with my questions but i want to learn !!!i feel so unworthy of this camera right now.

these are the type of shots i like and want to take more of ( hopefully better ones). theseare from my old camera.
Attached Images

julianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:15 PM   #17

here is another one from my old camera this is scary posting photos here
Attached Images

julianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:43 PM   #18

Scary to post pics? Yes! But I'll give you appreciation if you give me some when I get my camera.

I love that last pic - thats so cute! Coincidentally, I have a 20 month old as well (born April 2005). It looks like we are in the same boat as far as the pics we want to capture of our kids so I will definately be watching your questions and soaking up all the answers too!
MichelleBuerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:07 PM   #19

By plasticy things, do you mean the lens hoods? If so, put them onto the front of the lens to stop stray light getting into the lens on bright days. Personally I use them all the time.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:25 PM   #20

Lens hoods are to cut down on lens flare from the sun - those funny looking light streaks or marks when you are shooting toward the sun. The nice thing about the lens hoods that come with the kit lens and the DA 50-200 is that you can store them reversed on the lens - making it easier to carry them around, then turning them around to shade the lens when you need them. If you keep them on the "right" way, it's harder to get at the lens cap.

The two DA lenses do pretty well without the hoods, while other lenses (my old Kiron especially) are very subject to lens flare. I tend to leave the kit lens hood on correctly, since this lens pretty much stays on the K100, then keep the DA 50-200 reversed since it is on and off the K10 all the time, and I can't quite get the lens cap off with it on correctly (its easier with the kit lens). It doesn't hurt to keep them on all the time, I just find them inconvenient.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote