Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 28, 2006, 12:34 AM   #1

hello !! i have been lurking this forum for a while now. though i had better introduce myself.

got my first DSLR at Christmas ( a total surprise from my hubby). i have no idea how to use it properly yet. but i am having fun. i am hoping to take a course from my local community college soon (i am on a waiting list ). in the meantime i will be reading everything in sight.

just wanted to say hi !!! and i love all of your pictures WOW!!!!!!!
julianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2006, 12:48 AM   #2

Welcome Julianne.
I have had my K100D only a few weeks now and what a amazing camera it is.
I'm on a rather steep learning curve too, but it sure is fun.
I'm reading as much as I can here on this forum and from all the books I can get my hands on.
I hope you enjoy your new camera as much and I look forward to seeing your photos.

Rodney.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 1:29 AM   #3

Welcome. My first and only dslr is the k100d. I've had it for about 5 months now and have had so much fun with it. The k100d is so user friendly and combined with this pentax dslr forum (which also is very user friendly) has helped me to grow so much as a photographer. Anyways, enjoy your new camera. Hope to see some of your pics soon.:G
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 2:59 AM   #4

Welcome, Julianne. We're all here to help youwhen needed.

But nevertheless, the best way to learn is to shoot, shoot, shoot. With digital there is no film cost, so you don't have to restrict yourself. It's so easy to press the delete button, so there is no reason not to try even the silliest idea. This was my very first shot with my new DS a year ago. I kept it just for fun.

Kjell
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 4:47 AM   #5

Hi there!
I just got mine as well. I can't take a college course cause i'm in germany but I have been looking at the online or long distance courses that have been recommended here (just do a search for 'courses' or something) and have to decide soon which to take. I believe BetterPhoto.com has a course for newbies like us that starts next week, so check it out if you are interested!
MichelleBuerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:54 AM   #6

Welcome to the forum! As you can see, the K100D is a very popular camera. It is my first DSLR as well (I got mine about 3 months ago). I also have a lot to learn , but this is a great place for that. The people on here are VERYhelpful and willing to answer questions. I've learned more by reading on here than any other source. Have fun!
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 8:51 AM   #7

My advice is to read through the manual. Go out and take pictures. Look at them and decide what you like, what you don't like. Feel free to ask questions - there's so much knowledge here.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:18 AM   #8

julianne

Congratulation and welcome.

Congratulation that you have such a thougtful hubby.

Feel free to ask question. I am spoilt by this forum as a lot of time I ask first before reading the manual

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:20 AM   #9

well that kind of what i am doing now reading the manual and taking tons of photos. i will probably need help from time to time....

hihihii going to need a battery charger. i seem to be eating up batteries with my experiments. plus i am already making my hubby mad, taking photos of him at the computer . i was reading the manual last night and trying every thingout . he said i had to stop because he was seeing spots from the flash. hahaha WIMP!!! i am hoping to get cool shots of my kids and my horses.

my other camera is a Pentax optio mx and i totally loved it . i never took photos before i had that camera. it was fun because the menus are very similar.

well since some of you put your first shots i guess i will post mine. this shot was not planned this way i just wanted to take a photo of the christmas lights never noticing the dead Bunnie
Attached Images

julianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 12:17 PM   #10

Lol. Funny pic. Looks like a funeral for your dead bunny. My condolences.:G

julianne wrote:
Quote:
well that kind of what i am doing now reading the manual and taking tons of photos. i will probably need help from time to time....

hihihii going to need a battery charger. i seem to be eating up batteries with my experiments. plus i am already making my hubby mad, taking photos of him at the computer . i was reading the manual last night and trying every thingout . he said i had to stop because he was seeing spots from the flash. hahaha WIMP!!! i am hoping to get cool shots of my kids and my horses.

my other camera is a Pentax optio mx and i totally loved it . i never took photos before i had that camera. it was fun because the menus are very similar.

well since some of you put your first shots i guess i will post mine. this shot was not planned this way i just wanted to take a photo of the christmas lights never noticing the dead Bunnie
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote