Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 29, 2006, 1:10 AM   #1

I finally had a chance to take my K100D out with me with a Telephoto lens. I didn't really notice much difference between this and my DS as far as the SR because all pictures was taken outdoors in really bright sunlight. But for the record, the SR does help on my indoors pics that I took a few days before.

All pictures were taken with my Sigma 28-200mm. Not the best lens that I have but it was the longest lens that I have and it only cost me $70!

superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:06 AM   #2

I really like these pics. I am a great fan of the orangatan, but our zoo has them behind glass, so getting a decent pic is very challenging.

The zebra is so sharp that the stripes make my eyes go funny. He must have been freshly washed.

Going to our zoo today - bit grey out but we will see if anything comes out.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:22 AM   #3

Stunningly sharp zebra and neat capture of the bongo one of my favourite antelopes.

Ian Mc
Ian Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:52 AM   #4

Nice pics, but if you don't mind, a little piece of advice. Think about using the whole frame, the main subject doesn't have to be in the centre. I'm specifically thinking of #2, in which you have cut the toes off the orangutang, while the face is in the centre and I guess that was what you were aiming at.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:04 AM   #5

my monkey is telling me it's time for a visit.
nice shots.

roy
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:48 AM   #6

Nice shots. It is good to see some color this time of year.

Been visiting a zoo in Twin Cities this Tuesday with my SMC A70-210mm F4 lens (yeah, wife and kids too:-)

Got a bit frustated with manual focus and struggling to handhold the lens steady.

Here are some shots:

Lazy monkey (210mm, F11, 1/250s, ISO200)

Siberian tiger (210mm, F8, 1/125s, ISO400)

Prairie dogs (210mm, F8, 1/250s, ISO200)

Gibon (210mm, F4, 1/80s, ISO800). This was indoors and all dozen of them were out-of-focus or moved

DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 12:39 PM   #7

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Nice pics, but if you don't mind, a little piece of advice. Think about using the whole frame, the main subject doesn't have to be in the centre. I'm specifically thinking of #2, in which you have cut the toes off the orangutang, while the face is in the centre and I guess that was what you were aiming at.

Kjell
Thanks, I will take that advice into consideration for the next time. Next year(next week) I will buy the membership to the zoo so I can go back anytime that I wish without having to pay each time. The membership is pretty good deal its only $35 for the year and I can go to over 100 different zoo here in the US. So on the look out of my picture next year. Also I won't take the wife and kids since they tend to "rush" along after a few minutes of looking.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 2:45 PM   #8

Great monkey shot even if you have to twist your head to see his face.LOL.

Reminds me of the docos of the asian macaques looks like he'd be happy in a hot pool in the snow !!!!!

Cheers:Ian Mc
Old Dec 29, 2006, 3:01 PM   #9

Ian Mc wrote:
Quote:
Great monkey shot even if you have to twist your head to see his face.LOL.

Reminds me of the docos of the asian macaques looks like he'd be happy in a hot pool in the snow !!!!!

Cheers:Ian Mc
If I remember correctly this was indeed an asian macaque.
I remember it since upon seeing the note at the zoo the racist remark made by Sen. George Allen came to my mind (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...081400589.html).

It probably cost the republicans the senate since he lost on a slim margin the seat that gave the democrats the majority. That is what I would call monkey business:G
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:13 PM   #10

LOL.