Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:18 PM   #1

In fact - just about a half-hour ago. I am so anxious to fire this baby up (with the Tamron 18-200mm lens that I paired it with), but have some things that I must, first, attend to.

Talk about happy? Whoa.

Blessings,

Nathan
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:39 PM   #2

congrats on the purchase!! hopefully ill get mine soon too!
have fun with it:|
hoodsa
hoodsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:24 PM   #3

congrats nathan!!
is this your 1st dslr?

roy
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:29 PM   #4

Congrats! What's your first impression of it?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:39 PM   #5

You will like it!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:58 PM   #6

Hi Roy,

No, this is my second. My first was an Olympus E-500 which, I thought, was a very nice camera also. But my sister needed a nice camera, and I let her get that one. It was less than a half-year, that I had it, and I never really journeyed outside of the "scene" modes. This time, I am intentioned upon traveling to the deepest depths of this camera's workings - and striving to become the very best photographer that I can be.

Blessings,

Nathan

robar wrote:
Quote:
congrats nathan!!
is this your 1st dslr?

roy
Old Dec 29, 2006, 8:10 PM   #7

Mtngal,

You know...I can't really offer anything as to its operations & capturing capabilities - or what "I" might feel them to be. That is only because I haven't had the chance to fire off any shots yet. But I absolutely love the fit & finish of this beauty. It is a true pleasure to hold, and will be even more so once I get my battery grip. Once I really get to do some things with it, I will come back with some deeper impressions - which I am sure will be just as (favorably) large as they are now...if not greater.

Blessings,

Nathan

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Congrats! What's your first impression of it?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:53 PM   #8

Mtngal,

Just to let you know, I setup the K10D to grab a few shots of my bandsaw that I am selling (to email to a prospective buyer). I fired off a few shots, and went back upstairs to view them on my computer. Talk about stunned? I could not believe the clarity of this camera's captive representation. I then suffered a temporary loss of my mind - and went totally snap-crazy around here :-). The ferrets, bathroom, kitchen, garage, woodpile; just some of everything. And my impressions now? Simply WOW!!!.

Now, not all of them came out that great. But that is totally attributable to that of user error. One must remember that I am a very young one in this field (experience wise), and that I don't really know - yet - what I am doing. But I know enough to FULLY realise that this purchase decision was truly a wise one. This camera is just AWESOME, and the output (despite some stated opinions to the contrary) is of "Knock Out" caliber. In all fairness, however, I would have to consider the possibility that their findings were derived from (maybe) utilizing the camera with the kit lens?

The local camera shop had only received a shipment of K10D bodies, and I bought the Tamron AF 18-200mm lens for mine. If there is any salt, to what has been negatively rendered against these camera's visual offerings, then I'd have to say that the kit lens might have been the culprit - because I am definitely NOT seeing it like that. Now please, don't anyone - who's using the kit lens with great results - pounce upon me for what I have said :-). I don't know if all that hoopla is real, or Memorex, and just try to be fair within everything - and to everyone.

The K10D? Well, as I mentioned earlier: it really KNOCK'S ME OUT. What a superb piece of kit.

Blessings,

Nathan