Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 31, 2006, 8:56 AM   #11

my advice would be to get the pentax 50-200 at around 200euros and use it and the kit lense until you know what you want to add . in a month or two you'll know what to spend the remaining 300 on.

roy
Old Dec 31, 2006, 5:36 PM   #12

A budget to spend! I know it's tempting to buy all kinds of things, but I'll second Kjell's suggestion to go slow. Some sort of camera bag is a good idea, along with an extra battery (though that isn't as important as it would be with the K100). Maybe an extra card?

About the only filter I use quite often is a polarizer, a UV filter might be useful if you plan on taking pictures in the blowing sand. I have a neutral density filter, but hardly ever use it (if you want to take long shutter speed pictures, like running water they are useful). A graduated ND filter is useful under certain circumstances (I don't have one, so I tend to take two pictures and try to merge them).

I started off using the kit lens, a Kiron 80-200 and a couple of prime lenses I had from my film days. I quickly decided that I wanted something between 55 and 80 so I bought the DA 50-200. Between the kit lens and the DA 50-200 you'll have something to cover most normal picture taking. As you explore photographic opportunities you'll decide if you want something longer or if you want a macro lens or need something faster or...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:55 PM   #13

Hi to all !! I just buyed an Sigma 70-200 2.8 .Now I have to go to gym, because the lens its a bit bigg ....

Now I say thanks to all people !!

I´m really happy, I will try to post tomorrow some pics.

See you !
valetudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:39 PM   #14

valetudo wrote:
Quote:
Hi to all !! I just buyed an Sigma 70-200 2.8 .Now I have to go to gym, because the lens its a bit bigg ....

Now I say thanks to all people !!

I´m really happy, I will try to post tomorrow some pics.

See you !
Great choice.
I am with you. The lens is just stunning. It may just be soft at the extreme end at 2.8 which is expected. But one stop down, it is one hell of a great lens.
I did not buy it in B&H last year while there. I should have.
I took two test shot there and I did not realise the mistake (of not buying it) a lot later on. (the soft one was deliberately made at F2.8 & 200mm)
Here is what you are getting or what I got in another very casual shot there at B&H.
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/a...t.php?id=81660

Expand the pict and you can see what it is capable of.
BTW it is out of stock in both B&H & Adorama and I think the whole U S. Probably you have got the last one until new stock is replenished.
On paper, the FA* zoom is better (choice) and sharper wide open. But at twice the cost !!! It has zero supply too . Or alternatively you wait for the new DA* zoom still non-existant

Daniel , Toronto

edited in: I did not know that you were from Europe. Actually two weeks ago I was in another forum discussing about getting a 2.8 zoom in Europe. Then somebody pointed out that it is completely out of stock in Europe and in the US. I said no way until I checked out later to be correct.

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote