Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:27 PM   #1

Hi ppl, somebody could recommend me any lense to buy for my K10D ? about (200 to 250 €uros )

I prefer to have a tele, but I will hear any suggestions.

Thx to all !!
valetudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:55 PM   #2

Might be more of a help if you say what you intend using it for. Birding/close-up/macro/portraits/arcitecture.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:40 PM   #3

I use the DA 50-200 as a walk-around lens, and it's asharp, relatively inexpensive, workmanlike lens that gives good results. I'll be looking at the new Pentax DA* lenses when they come out if they aren't too expensive. While I find the Pentax lens is very nice, I've gotten spoiled by the extra quality of the A*300 that I bought several months ago.

Your question does seem a bit open-ended do you prefer something longer than 200, or perhaps not need something quite that long? And do you want macro capabilities also? Is size going to matter - i.e., are you going to want to handhold it or are you planning on using a tripod all the time? Is this for indoor sports (do you need a really fast lens) or outdoors where you don't need as big an aperture (the larger the aperture the bigger/heavier the lens).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:44 PM   #4

both of the above are true. your question is kind of like me asking you 'what flavor of ice cream i should buy'.

roy
Old Dec 30, 2006, 3:25 AM   #5

Thx ppl. Sometimes for me is a bit difficult to explain me good in english ....

I wan´t any lense that gives good sharp pics with some tele, 200mm or 300mm. If haves macro better, but I don´t want to pay too much.

:|
Old Dec 30, 2006, 3:58 AM   #6

250 Euros can buy you a really good medium tele like 200 or 300 mm.Don't hesitate to buy a used lens, older lenses are as good as new ones (and often better). Just check that there's nothing wrong with it, like scratches on the glass or fungus inside.

For Pentax, have look at this page: http://stans-photography.info/

Here you have experienced users comments on all Pentax k-mount lenses ever made. For lenses of other brands like Sigma and Tamron, search this forum or ask about a specific lens when you find one for sale.

Keep a look on ebay, other internet auction sites (I have made some really good finds on a Swedish site, like an A*200 mm f2.8 for 200 Euro) and search flea markets and local shops and garage sales. Some photo dealers have little knowledge of Pentax gear, and sell very good stuff at bargain prices because they don't know what it's worth. This is one of the good things about being a Pentax owner, with some patience and a little luck you can get the best there is at very affordable prices.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:35 AM   #7

Have read good comments from users about both the Sigma and Tamron 70/300 macro zooms but still awaiting delivery of my Tamron 70/300 macro F4 to F5.6.

If your near a big photo store you could go in with camera and try out a few lenses.

Ian Mc
Ian Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:48 AM   #8

bilybianca, did you buyed it ? hehehe

Thx again.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:12 PM   #9

Hi again ppl !!

Santa just arrived now and toll me that I can buy all I want untill 500 €uros. I only have the K10D wih 18-55 + SD transcend 2 Gb. What can I buy with 500 bucks ??
Lens, case, filter etc etc ...

Thx to all !!
Old Dec 31, 2006, 2:51 AM   #10

My best advice is to spend slowly. Don't rush out to buy it all at once, take your time to see what you need and buy that when you find it at the right price. You can easily spend 500 EUR on filters, bags, tripods, memory cards etc that might prove to be things you never use.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote