Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 31, 2006, 12:05 AM   #1

After seeing Tims post I thought It Would be fun to Ask a question. For those of use here that used SLRS(Can be any Brand), what Were your favorite films?

I will start :

(1) Kodachrome 25
(2) Ektrachrome
(3) TRI-X Pan

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2006, 12:09 AM   #2

Kodachrome 25 and Velvia 50!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2006, 6:57 AM   #3
TDN

I got a Nikon EM from my grandfather a few years ago. It's much like what the new D40 is for DLSRs. It only has certain features of a pro DSLR (only aperture priority and automatic lightmeting. You look trough the VF and it shows a needle that indicates the shutter speed. You then select the correct aperture by turning the ring on the lens until the needle shows ± 1/90 s)

Very fun little camera.

On sunny days I sometimes buy a roll of film and take it for a walk...still fun to shoot with

Don't know too much about film, I usually just buy a Kodak 400 ASA roll
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2006, 8:40 AM   #4

i used all of the above in my film days. developed all my B&W.. velvia wasn't around then.

roy
Old Dec 31, 2006, 9:23 AM   #5

Back in the day, I carried a Pentax MX with motor drive loaded with Ektachrome 100 and a K1000 loaded with Plus-X.

Agfa made a b&w film that was developed with the C-41 process. I can't remember what it was called, but I liked the results.

I did my own b&w and E-6 processing and produced prints from slides using Cibachrome.

Will

irishinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2006, 9:53 AM   #6

Started out developing my own, Plus-X Pan (ISO 125 I think) and Tri-X Pan (Black and White of course). Later got into Kodachrome 64 and Fuji print films. Played around with TMaxx for a while before giving up my home darkroom (my house has very limited space). During a couple of lean years I even resorted toKonica 200 consumer print film (any pictures are better than no pictures at all).

Favourites???
- Tri-X was the most fun
- Kodachrome 64 gave the nicest images
- Fuji print film (Sensia?) offered bright colourful prints

That pretty much covers it.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2006, 10:08 AM   #7

I used T-Max for BW and Ektachrome for slides, as long as I had the full access (through work) to a proffessional BW darkroom. I bought both as 30m rolls, very much cheaper that way.From there to digital it was Ektachrome for work/travel (slide shows after coming home was part of the job) and any consumer grade colour print film for family candids. But by then photo was more plight than joy. Digital has brougt back the fun of it!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2006, 10:11 AM   #8

using one of these kjell?
Attached Images

Old Dec 31, 2006, 10:20 AM   #9

Actually not, I did it el cheapo with second hand cans from the local1h developer'swastebin (some brands could be used again, others had to be destroyed to open). Then I loaded them with film in a light-proof wardrobe using the tip of my nose to measure appropriate length from the floor. Took me an hour to fill 17-18 cans with 30 m film. Not convenient, but cheap! :lol:

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2006, 12:44 PM   #10

Hi Phil,

Long ago, but not far away, I shot mostly Tri-X with my Honeywell Spotmatic, Nikon Ftn, Canon F1, and last, but not least Minox 35GL (not an SLR). I still have the last two, but they are permanently consigned to the antique photo wing of chez snostorm. :-)

Too cheap to pay for processing and printing -- I did my own -- as luckily digital lets me do now.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote