Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 1, 2007, 8:56 PM   #1

I purchased a couple M42 screw mount lenses on Ebay that I'll need an adapter for to use on my K100d. I was wondering if there was a specific model that was known to be a good deal and could allow focusing to infinity. I've seen a number of different adapters on Ebay for a variety of prices, but I don't know if any of them are all that good or if they're much different from each other. One by Roxsen claims it allows for infinity focusing, and another I saw says that it can support it on some lenses. The rest don't mention it.

I noticed a couple adapters at B&H Photo. They also don't say whether infinite focusing is supported, so I might try calling the store to see if they know.

Any help would be appreciated.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2007, 9:38 PM   #2

The Pentax brand adapter will allow focus to infinity. As long as the adapter is flush with the body it will focus to infinity. Not all of the ones on ebay will do this. I bought mine through Adorama. I don't have a link for it but it is called "Pentax Adapetr B."
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2007, 9:51 PM   #3

I agree. I bought one from Adorama last Spring, but they do not seem to be available anymore and are not shown on the Pentax website anymore. Mine says Pentax mount adapter Kon the instruction sheet and on the adapter itself, it has inscribed Pentax on onetop and Japan on the bottom. The number on the package is 30120, which may or may not be a pentax number. Maybe you can find a genuine Pentax one on Ebay or elsewhere. Good luck to you- Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2007, 10:11 PM   #4

if it does not have a collar around it then it should work fine.

THIS!! does not.... if you purchase off ebay, be sure to ask the seller if you will lose infinity focus. this will cover your butt..

roy
Old Jan 2, 2007, 12:27 AM   #5

This is how I fitted a Pentax type (i.e. no collar) adapter to a M42 lens. The adapter has had the locking spring removed (just a single screw) and the adapter firmly screwed onto the lens. I have cut a small notch in the body of the lens so that the camera's locking pin can latch the len securely to the camera.

Focus to infinity, bayonet mount convenience.

Attached Images

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 9:07 AM   #6

Thanks for the replies.

I can buy a Pentax brand adapter from the Pentax website, but with shipping and tax it's almost $40, much more than the lens I'm attaching it to.

Robar, I'll look into that one.

John, is that a Pentax brand adapter or a comparable generic one? If generic, would you happen to remember where you got it or what brand it goes by?

Thanks again.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 12:02 PM   #7

Corpsy, that particular adapter is genuine Pentax.
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote