Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:05 AM   #11

every body is always harping on the card readers. i've never had one and never have used them. that includes all the file i've transfered from the 3 dcams i've had.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:21 AM   #12

robar wrote:
Quote:
every body is always harping on the card readers. i've never had one and never have used them. that includes all the file i've transfered from the 3 dcams i've had.
You don't need one. I have one built into my PC which reads something like 14 different formats. It can be handy to use, but like I said above, I've gotten in to the habbit of using the USB cable for my K100D. Either way works fine.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:36 AM   #13

gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
You don't need one. I have one built into my PC which reads something like 14 different formats. It can be handy to use, but like I said above, I've gotten in to the habbit of using the USB cable for my K100D. Either way works fine.
But it sure does save time and money... Transferring with the USBCable drinks up the batteries that are in the camera where as using a card reader does not. Just my $0.02.

_____

-Nick

inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:47 AM   #14

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
But it sure does save time and money... Transferring with the USBCable drinks up the batteries that are in the camera where as using a card reader does not. Just my $0.02.

_____

-Nick
From my experience, it's just as fast because the camera is USB 2.0, and I use rechargeables so it's not like I'm killing throw-away batteries. Besides, my batteries seem to last an extremely long time. I'm usually looking for a reason to switch them out before they need to be. Like I said, either way works fine. It's just a personal preference thing.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:43 PM   #15

I did more digging...
If you really want to be on the safe side, the pentaxusa site has the cables for sale too. If I recall they cost about 15 bucks each.

F
fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote