Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 3, 2007, 7:07 PM   #1

as most of you know. this is my first DSLR, having upgraded from a Pentax p&s.

i now know most of the feature on my camera. even if i can all use them correctly and overall having fun with my camera.

my problem is taking photo in our living room. ( in the kitchen i have no problem). i can seem to set the white balance in the living room manually. and i am not able to use the flash because of the living room's small size. the best i have achieved is either by playing with the exposure or lowering the flask 's strength ( either one i am not totally happy with )

now i know i could shoot raw and fix it . but let me tell you i am not too good at fixing the white balance by computer. believe me i tried . plus most of the shots in the living room are just cute thing the kids did. i don't really want to fix all of them. if i have too i will, but i would like to know what you think?????????
julianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:11 AM   #2

julianne wrote:
Quote:
my problem is taking photo in our living room. ( in the kitchen i have no problem). i can seem to set the white balance in the living room manually. and i am not able to use the flash because of the living room's small size. the best i have achieved is either by playing with the exposure or lowering the flask 's strength ( either one i am not totally happy with )

Try tungsten setting if no outside light is involved. You have spot white balance too in case you have a mix of light source.

No harm and no cost in trying

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2007, 6:40 AM   #3

i tried that !! everything turn out greenish if i set it either manually or any other preset light . the other preset are very orange . my other camera has the same problem but when set manually was fine.

the room is really small with a BIG window taking up a whole wall. the walls are painted yellow and they are slanted because it is a loft . barn style house.

guess I'll shot raw then ( hihihi i just hate post processing photos that are not special LOL) and it's usually just my kids goofing off in there.
julianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2007, 8:58 AM   #4

the flash should work fine at any distance under about 15'. you can adj the flashev if needed. i've got MANY macros i shot with the onboard(we are talking about it, right) that i shot at 18'' or even closer.. if using a seperate flash then thats a whole diff subject.

roy