Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 5, 2007, 8:30 AM   #11

Hi All,

Pentax is the Rodney Dangerfield of the cameras ( I Don't get any respect)... :?

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:01 AM   #12

Could be a Rodney-that's for sure. I found the dpreview review of the new D40 interesting in respect to the ratings of features compared to the k100d. They both received an "8" rating for features, but the Nikon has no backwards compatibility or SR. Two fairly big features IMHO. Also no exposure bracketing and a host of other things missing that one would expect on a new DSLR. I would have at least thought these would count a bit in the final summation. I'm sure if you had SR stuck on a current Nikon or Canon body, the drooling by said reviewers would be over the top....Don.

bluwing wrote:
Quote:
Hi All,

Pentax is the Rodney Dangerfield of the cameras ( I Don't get any respect)... :?

Rudy
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 11:21 AM   #13

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
They took out all the printed copy and issued new one crowning whoever instead of Pentax. All because of Mark and this forum

Daniel, Toronto
I accept (with all my powerful forum-ites), full and complete responsibility! And by the way, did you know my mother was responsible for all the snow in Denver this winter, and I believe my grandfather's stray iceberg had something to do with the sinking of some large ship in the early 1900's.....
nznhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 6:23 PM   #14

nznhut wrote:
Quote:
danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
They took out all the printed copy and issued new one crowning whoever instead of Pentax. All because of Mark and this forum

Daniel, Toronto
I accept (with all my powerful forum-ites), full and complete responsibility! And by the way, did you know my mother was responsible for all the snow in Denver this winter, and I believe my grandfather's stray iceberg had something to do with the sinking of some large ship in the early 1900's.....
Mark,

Ok you are the culprit.

Now I am telling you some kind of subversive activity by Pentaxians in Toronto.

There is another Pentax user called George has been organizing some kind of informal discussion amongst us in Toronto. And it was decided between 15 of us joining Toronto Photo Meetup group TPMG so it is easier for meeting/outing purpose. I notice there are more Canon/Nikon users paying attention to K10D mainly because of SR & backward compatibility.

Can't wait for this summer when all or a portion of Pentax users showing up in one of the TPMG activities which is usu dominated by Canon/Nikon users.

Anyone living in Toronto or GTA should emailGeorge Kovac of gkovac At Rogers Dot com.

Daniel , Toronto

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote