Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:56 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

K10D

No matter what I try I can not get the beep to activate. I have read the instructions many times and nothing works. I really need to have it working for when the camera is in focus for BIF's. Checking or unchecking the squares does nothing it still says Beep not activated.
Any ideas or suggestions will be appriciated.


--
TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2007, 1:14 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 546
Default

Which camera / model?
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 1:26 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
Which camera / model?
K10D Pentax

sorry about that.
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:08 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
rhermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Antwerp - Belgium
Posts: 3,454
Default

Roger, just a thought, because the beep is standard on in default settings, you might reset the camera back to default settings. The last setting in the "set-up" dialog.
Hope it helps.

Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:09 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
tiger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,696
Default

Roger, The default settings has the "beep" turned on, if you have made some changes and are unable to get the beep back then turn on the menu and go to Setup and select Reset in the setup menu and push the Ok button. This will reset everything except the date and time etc, back to the factory defaults, which should get the beep going again! Let me know how that works for for you. Jim

sorry Ronny, didn't see your entry until I posted mine! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:16 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
Roger, The default settings has the "beep" turned on, if you have made some changes and are unable to get the beep back then turn on the menu and go to Setup and select Reset in the setup menu and push the Ok button. This will reset everything except the date and time etc, back to the factory defaults, which should get the beep going again! Let me know how that works for for you. Jim

sorry Ronny, didn't see your entry until I posted mine! Jim
Ronny & Jim, I allready tried that and it still says Beep Not Activated. I hqave tried checking only one box and then checking more than one box and nothing changes.

On the menu I go to set up then to beep and click the right arrow. Beep is highlighted and then if you click the right or left arrow is shows a new screen that says Beep is not activated.

thanks

roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:40 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
tiger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,696
Default

Roger, When you go to Menu / Setup / Beep it should show the beep icon with a grn arrow on the right and on the left, when your at that point DON'T hit either arrow just hit the menu button again! That will leave the beep activated. Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:46 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
Roger, When you go to Menu / Setup / Beep it should show the beep icon with a grn arrow on the right and on the left, when your at that point DON'T hit either arrow just hit the menu button again! That will leave the beep activated. Jim
Jim you are a genius, camera guru, camera tech and very patient with an OLD GUY.

It works.

Thank You, and then many more THANK YOU VERY MUCH's.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7


WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:47 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
tiger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,696
Default

Roger, A little clarification: When you click on Menu / Setup and go down to Beep it will show the beep icon with a red line thru it if it is not activated. At this point hit the right arrow, which will take you to another screen which says "Beep is not activated", at this time hit either the right or the left arrow. You should now be on another screen with Beep at the top and a few other selections below. There should be NO red line going thru the beep icon at this point.........now just push the Menu button and your Beep should now be activated. Jim

Sorry Roger, posted this before I saw that it was now working! Above was just a little better explanation of what to to! Glad that took care of it. Have fun with new camera, your going to really like it ! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 3:26 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
Roger, A little clarification: When you click on Menu / Setup and go down to Beep it will show the beep icon with a red line thru it if it is not activated. At this point hit the right arrow, which will take you to another screen which says "Beep is not activated", at this time hit either the right or the left arrow. You should now be on another screen with Beep at the top and a few other selections below. There should be NO red line going thru the beep icon at this point.........now just push the Menu button and your Beep should now be activated. Jim

Sorry Roger, posted this before I saw that it was now working! Above was just a little better explanation of what to to! Glad that took care of it. Have fun with new camera, your going to really like it ! Jim
I am glad you posted again so I can say THANK YOU SIR again.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.