Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:56 PM   #1

K10D

No matter what I try I can not get the beep to activate. I have read the instructions many times and nothing works. I really need to have it working for when the camera is in focus for BIF's. Checking or unchecking the squares does nothing it still says Beep not activated.
Any ideas or suggestions will be appriciated.

--
TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2007, 1:14 PM   #2

Which camera / model?
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 1:26 PM   #3

gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
Which camera / model?
K10D Pentax

sorry about that.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:08 PM   #4

Roger, just a thought, because the beep is standard on in default settings, you might reset the camera back to default settings. The last setting in the "set-up" dialog.
Hope it helps.

Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:09 PM   #5

Roger, The default settings has the "beep" turned on, if you have made some changes and are unable to get the beep back then turn on the menu and go to Setup and select Reset in the setup menu and push the Ok button. This will reset everything except the date and time etc, back to the factory defaults, which should get the beep going again! Let me know how that works for for you. Jim

sorry Ronny, didn't see your entry until I posted mine! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:16 PM   #6

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
Roger, The default settings has the "beep" turned on, if you have made some changes and are unable to get the beep back then turn on the menu and go to Setup and select Reset in the setup menu and push the Ok button. This will reset everything except the date and time etc, back to the factory defaults, which should get the beep going again! Let me know how that works for for you. Jim

sorry Ronny, didn't see your entry until I posted mine! Jim
Ronny & Jim, I allready tried that and it still says Beep Not Activated. I hqave tried checking only one box and then checking more than one box and nothing changes.

On the menu I go to set up then to beep and click the right arrow. Beep is highlighted and then if you click the right or left arrow is shows a new screen that says Beep is not activated.

thanks

roger

Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:40 PM   #7

Roger, When you go to Menu / Setup / Beep it should show the beep icon with a grn arrow on the right and on the left, when your at that point DON'T hit either arrow just hit the menu button again! That will leave the beep activated. Jim
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:46 PM   #8

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
Roger, When you go to Menu / Setup / Beep it should show the beep icon with a grn arrow on the right and on the left, when your at that point DON'T hit either arrow just hit the menu button again! That will leave the beep activated. Jim
Jim you are a genius, camera guru, camera tech and very patient with an OLD GUY.

It works.

Thank You, and then many more THANK YOU VERY MUCH's.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:47 PM   #9

Roger, A little clarification: When you click on Menu / Setup and go down to Beep it will show the beep icon with a red line thru it if it is not activated. At this point hit the right arrow, which will take you to another screen which says "Beep is not activated", at this time hit either the right or the left arrow. You should now be on another screen with Beep at the top and a few other selections below. There should be NO red line going thru the beep icon at this point.........now just push the Menu button and your Beep should now be activated. Jim

Sorry Roger, posted this before I saw that it was now working! Above was just a little better explanation of what to to! Glad that took care of it. Have fun with new camera, your going to really like it ! Jim
Old Jan 5, 2007, 3:26 PM   #10

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
Roger, A little clarification: When you click on Menu / Setup and go down to Beep it will show the beep icon with a red line thru it if it is not activated. At this point hit the right arrow, which will take you to another screen which says "Beep is not activated", at this time hit either the right or the left arrow. You should now be on another screen with Beep at the top and a few other selections below. There should be NO red line going thru the beep icon at this point.........now just push the Menu button and your Beep should now be activated. Jim

Sorry Roger, posted this before I saw that it was now working! Above was just a little better explanation of what to to! Glad that took care of it. Have fun with new camera, your going to really like it ! Jim
I am glad you posted again so I can say THANK YOU SIR again.

TOTALLY WACKY roger