Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:29 AM   #1

Check it out... Thought it was neat wondered if anyone was interested in one.

eBay Item #: 300066712083

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vertical-Battery...QQcmdZViewItem
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:41 AM   #2

http://www.dicain.com/2002/zb/view.p...tice&no=61

I am a little leery of that auction, nowhere in the Dicain information I have found does it refer to the grip as supplying battery power. The link above shows it to be a portrait grip and a remote control but it does not include any battery power for the camera. If anyone has any newer information please post, but for now I would be a little suspicious of this auction. This looks like a good product but the auction says it contains a Li-ion battery and that the remote is not included so beware, research this further before committing to a purchase.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:43 AM   #3

Thanks Ira, I was wondering about the battery, it shows in the pics that the grip allows access to your conventional AA's, but it states it uses a Lithium battery.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2007, 2:31 AM   #4

Doesn't supply power at all. That detachment just lets you change your batteries. It looks like a good start. Too bad Pentax isn't as widespread as the Canon is. Probably would have seen more accessories come out for the *Ist Digitals/K Digitals

In my Samsung GX-1L manual or one of the pamphlets in the box, it actually mentioned a Battery Grip Accesory "SG-01" haha.

CptOfGondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2007, 2:33 AM   #5

Doesn't supply power at all. That detachment just lets you change your batteries. It looks like a good start. Too bad Pentax isn't as widespread as the Canon is. Probably would have seen more accessories come out for the *Ist Digitals/K Digitals

In my Samsung GX-1L manual or one of the pamphlets in the box, it actually mentioned a Battery Grip Accesory "SG-01" haha.

CptOfGondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2007, 4:29 AM   #6

The Li-on battery mentioned in the auction is for the Sony Alpha100 and if you look at the guys other auctions he is also selling a grip for the Sony.
I guess he was being lazy, cut+paste the details from one auction to the other and forgot to delete the part about the battery.

Im sure this same grip has popped up on eBay before too.
Wasn't someone from this forum trying to buy them in bulk due to a mistake in the listing by the eBayer??
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2007, 6:06 AM   #7
TDN

Watch out, these require you to make a hole in the door of the remote cable slot, which would make your warranty void if you still have one.

This guy had one remodeled, I think it looks better this way:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=16413617
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2007, 10:39 AM   #8

TDN wrote:
Quote:
Watch out, these require you to make a hole in the door of the remote cable slot, which would make your warranty void if you still have one.

This guy had one remodeled, I think it looks better this way:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=16413617
Actually I believe you can leave the access door open (which is the reason for the strange vertical section).
Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote