Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:12 AM   #1

Learned from the Pentax people at the CES show, Monday, that there will be a new firmware release for the K10D and will be available for download next week. No additional information as to what the improvements or correction will be. Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:45 AM   #2

Maybe they've addressed the banding problem that some have had. I've seen no banding at all on anything I've photo'd, but some have experienced this....Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:47 AM   #3

Thanks for the information. I am looking forward to seeing what it is all about.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2007, 1:46 PM   #4

Hi Don, They didn't indicate it had anything to do with the image quality and further that they were quite satisfied with the feedback they had been getting from users regarding the IQ! I've never had any banding problems either but did have some pictures which someone thought they saw banding in. It turned out that what was seen was an out of focus chain link fence in the background, which gave the appearance of banding ! I'm thinking that may be what others are calling banding, objects which are out of focus in the background ! IMO. Jim
Old Jan 10, 2007, 1:49 PM   #5

Roger, I'm curious too but I got the impression that there would be firmware updates from time to time when Pentax finds things they can improve on. Sure a lot different than Panasonic! :-) Jim
Old Jan 10, 2007, 2:01 PM   #6

Thanks Jim. It will be interesting to see what they need to attend to. Maybe some of the flash issues. On your observation that Pentax at least issues firmware updates as opposed to Panasonic, I had to chuckle - the only firmware updates for the Panisonics is to buy the new model each year...Don.

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Don, They didn't indicate it had anything to do with the image quality and further that they were quite satisfied with the feedback they had been getting from users regarding the IQ! I've never had any banding problems either but did have some pictures which someone thought they saw banding in. It turned out that what was seen was an out of focus chain link fence in the background, which gave the appearance of banding ! I'm thinking that may be what others are calling banding, objects which are out of focus in the background ! IMO. Jim
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote