Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 11, 2007, 9:32 AM   #1

Megapixel.net gives the K10D images a 10!!! Good..POSITIVE review! Excellent reading and well done.
whbroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2007, 11:05 AM   #2

whbroker wrote:
Quote:
Megapixel.net gives the K10D images a 10!!! Good..POSITIVE review! Excellent reading and well done.
It is great really that it is recognised. Except that the review bashed the kit lens 16-45. But I thought that kit is already a better one over that of the 18-55. Well but that is a minor blemish amongst the absolute perfect 10

Daniel , Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 12:23 PM   #3

That was a good review but I too thought the DA 16-45mm f/4 was highly regarded for its optical quality.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 1:40 PM   #4

Hi,

Again another one persons opinion. All these are good for is exposure of the product. I read these and take them with a grain of salt.

When I am researching a purchase their opinion is only a reference for me. Not an absolute in my decision towards a purchase.

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 1:44 PM   #5

bluwing wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Again another one persons opinion. All these are good for is exposure of the product. I read these and take them with a grain of salt.

When I am researching a purchase their opinion is only a reference for me. Not an absolute in my decision towards a purchase.

Rudy
Exactly.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 1:54 PM   #6

perhaps they mistakenly referred to the kit lens (18-55) as the 16-45? I've never seen the 16-45 available in a kit, at least not here in the US. someone care to link to the review?
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 2:45 PM   #7

http://www.megapixel.net/reviews/pen...d/k10d-gen.php
nznhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 3:09 PM   #8

They say in the article that theirs came with the DA F4 16-45 lens, even though its sold elsewhere with the 18-55 lens. I hadn't particularly paid attention to the 16-45 lens - didn't realize it was an F4 constant aperture. That would make it interesting to someone looking for a faster kit lens.

P.S. I'm having fun reading the article - in some cases just what the controls do is stated clearer here than what I remember from my manual (which I can't find at the moment). However, when talking about how the camera reports the settings they say that it's almost impossible to be unaware of the current configuration. I'll go along with that only if you happen to look at/read the indicators...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 3:34 PM   #9

I am sure they gave their "10" image rating using the 16-45mm lens. They realize the 18-55 is the normal kit lens that comes with the K10D. I for one use the Sigma 17-70mm macro lens..and you can really see the improved jpegs...it is a GREAT lens.
whbroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 3:49 PM   #10

I've seen a couple of places here in Canada that do sell the K10D with the 16-45 lens, instead of the 18-55 lens.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote