Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:17 PM   #1

Went and watched some planes come in and go out today. The weather was really nice out today (a bit overcast), butI found it quite relaxing, not to mention a good photo opportunity on my day off of work. Here are some of the keepers...

No.1:

No.2:

No.3:

No.4:

C&C welcome and appreciated.

-Nick

inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2007, 1:36 AM   #2

I really like the idea of capturing some of the airport activity rather than just aircraft. There is so much going on at most airports, including inside the terminal building, that for some reason is often ignored. Unfortunately such subjects will get more and more difficult as new security controlls come into force.
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2007, 6:13 AM   #3

John Hill wrote:
Quote:
...Unfortunately such subjects will get more and more difficult as new security controlls come into force.
I was just thinking about that as I viewed his pictures. I honestly can't imagine walking around an airport and taking photos of planes and terminal activity without being tackled by security and questioned for 24 hours under a bright lamp by Homeland Security. :O

Great shots though! I really like the first one the best for some reason. Maybe it's a subliminal thing because UPS brings me new toys and goodies!
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2007, 9:29 AM   #4

I also like the first one best. I have a friend that enjoys photographing aircraft and airports, but he hasn't been taking pictures recently. Several years ago he spent a couple of hours on a public sidewalk taking aircraft pictures before a policeman came by and checked him out (he was amused at how long it took someone to come by). They talked to him but didn't chase him off (he was legally on a public sidewalk and they told him that), just that someone had called them about him. It seems like it's much harder to practice these types of photography now.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2007, 6:55 PM   #5

A nominally interesting story...

The Pakistani airport of Pershawar is one of very few in the world with railway tracks across the runway. Normally photography is strictly forbidden at airports especially in the North West of Pakistan but about once a month a special tourist train goes up towards the Kyber Pass and hundreds of passengers make full use of all photographic opportunities!:-)
Old Jan 13, 2007, 12:24 AM   #6

I have worked at a number of airports over the years and I always have a soft spot for airport scenes like this..