Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 14, 2007, 3:02 PM   #21

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
Roger, What a great review! Don't ever tell people you don't read or write well because it's how you tell your story that makes it enjoyable to others that counts! It won't be long and you'll be selling your camera equipment to become a full time author! :-) Jim
What a nice thing to say Jim. Thank you very much.

I am sure them author folks and the review folks are shaking in their boots worried about me doing it full time. :-)

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:21 AM   #22

Black Knight wrote:
Quote:
Kjell
You and i are in the same boat. I have SEVERLY blown my budget for this Year
My personal financial advicer (Cookie, our dog) barks that I'll be back in balance around year 2015. If I dont buy a K10D.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2007, 10:38 AM   #23

Hello, Roger,

While doing asearch for "battery grip" for the K10, Icame across your review. Wow! That's the most helpful review that I have read. I have been struggling with the decision of whether to buy the K100 or the K10, and now I see that I need to save a bit more and get the K10. Your review put it all in persective for me, and I thank you for that.

And, by the way, I really admire your photography work.

Regards,

Lawrence

Also saw the K10 is for dummies you posted: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ht=k10+dummies

Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2007, 10:48 AM   #24

Dr. C wrote:
Quote:
Hello, Roger,

While doing asearch for "battery grip" for the K10, Icame across your review. Wow! That's the most helpful review that I have read. I have been struggling with the decision of whether to buy the K100 or the K10, and now I see that I need to save a bit more and get the K10. Your review put it all in persective for me, and I thank you for that.

And, by the way, I really admire your photography work.

Regards,

Lawrence

Also saw the K10 is for dummies you posted: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ht=k10+dummies

Dr. C thanks so much for such a nice comment about my review. I had a lot of fun doing it.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Mar 17, 2007, 12:33 PM   #25

Hello Mr. "R"

First off..There is no reason to belittle yourself publicly for your feelings that a grade nine education will diminish the credibility of your observations in regards to the K10D. They will still be your observations and as far as opinions go, you know what they say. Your opinion is as valid as anyone whether amateur or professional.

I enjoyed your review. It was honest, unencumbered and to the point. It said to me that in most applications, you were satisfied with the results. What you didn't like was clear and to the point. Yeah, who likes to read a 200 page manual when in most cases the answers are in the on camera menu. The review also said to me that you get out there and use your camera in a very workman like manner. I like that. It Is Honest. Perhaps you could have shared with us your impressions regarding the differences between RAW and JPEG. But that is a minor detail...

None the less a fun read...

Best Wishes
Ben
http://anashcreation.com/thenashgallery/BenjaminKanarek
Attached Images

benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2007, 2:46 PM   #26

benjikan wrote:
Quote:
Hello Mr. "R"

First off..There is no reason to belittle yourself publicly for your feelings that a grade nine education will diminish the credibility of your observations in regards to the K10D. They will still be your observations and as far as opinions go, you know what they say. Your opinion is as valid as anyone whether amateur or professional.

I enjoyed your review. It was honest, unencumbered and to the point. It said to me that in most applications, you were satisfied with the results. What you didn't like was clear and to the point. Yeah, who likes to read a 200 page manual when in most cases the answers are in the on camera menu. The review also said to me that you get out there and use your camera in a very workman like manner. I like that. It Is Honest. Perhaps you could have shared with us your impressions regarding the differences between RAW and JPEG. But that is a minor detail...

None the less a fun read...

Best Wishes
Ben
Hi Ben, Thank you for looking and for commenting.

" First off..There is no reason to belittle yourself publicly for your feelings that a grade nine education will diminish the credibility of your observations in regards to the K10D"

I never looked at it as BELITTLE. It is a fact no more no less. I figured if folks knew something about me it might make it easier for them to understand the way I say things.

"Perhaps you could have shared with us your impressions regarding the differences between RAW and JPEG. But that is a minor detail..."

I agree it probably would be a good idea for someone to get into the differences of JPEG & RAW. If someone hasn't already done it by the time I try this RAW thing for the first time I will do it. YUP!!! I haen't tried RAW but it is in my plans to try it.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Mar 18, 2007, 5:59 AM   #27

TDN wrote:
Quote:
Dammit, will you guys all stop bragging with your K10D's now?!! I already have LBA, and now I want a K10D too!!

My wallet hates you guys...
Then again the K10D is probably a lot less expensive than a lot of the glass you lust after... its just priorities :roll:
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote