Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 14, 2007, 7:29 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots Roger, looks like you have more snow than you can use.

Tom
Hi Tom, thanks for looking and commenting.

It was a pretty good snow but that is good. We need the snow to help our lakes fill up in the spring time.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:31 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Rodney9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yeronga, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 3,518
Default

Brrrrrrrrrr , Roger and Daniel you are making me cold.
Roger that Hawk shot is great, wonderful pose and detail.
Daniel, the reflections in No.3 is beautiful.

Rodney
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:23 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
royce10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,869
Default

Awesome shot of the hawk in the falling snow. The snow really makes the picture that much more captivating. Most photographers (myself included) would have holed up at home with the heater cranked up rather than brave the freezing cold. You definitely have a talent for capturing wildlife in their most wild and natural moments. I'm curious. How far did you have to hike from your car to find that hawk to shoot? Thanks for sharing. Boy you are really putting those weather seals on the k10d to the test! Looking forward to seeing more.
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 11:02 AM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 94
Default

Roger,

What else can be said besides ------ AMAZING. You're one of a kind when it comes to taking fantastic shots. Thanks for posting them.

Which lens did you use with the K10D? My K10D should be arriving by this weekend. My first DSLR and I can't wait to try it out.

Jay D :-)
Jay D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:38 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Rodney9 wrote:
Quote:
Brrrrrrrrrr , Roger and Daniel you are making me cold.
Roger that Hawk shot is great, wonderful pose and detail.
Daniel, the reflections in No.3 is beautiful.

Rodney
Rodney, thanks for the nice comment and for looking.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:39 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Jay D wrote:
Quote:
Roger,

What else can be said besides ------ AMAZING. You're one of a kind when it comes to taking fantastic shots. Thanks for posting them.

Which lens did you use with the K10D? My K10D should be arriving by this weekend. My first DSLR and I can't wait to try it out.

Jay D :-)
Hi Jay, Here is a hoping you the best of luck with your K10D. Thanks for the kind words.

I was using my BIGMA

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:43 PM   #17
TDN
Senior Member
 
TDN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,288
Default

Lucky sonofa...lol Greetings from rainy Belgium


Very nice shots. That sigma lens is really amazing. Such impressive tele and still very sharp and no purple fringing at all!
Of course the photographer helps a little too
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:48 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

royce10 wrote:
Quote:
Awesome shot of the hawk in the falling snow. The snow really makes the picture that much more captivating. Most photographers (myself included) would have holed up at home with the heater cranked up rather than brave the freezing cold. You definitely have a talent for capturing wildlife in their most wild and natural moments. I'm curious. How far did you have to hike from your car to find that hawk to shoot? Thanks for sharing. Boy you are really putting those weather seals on the k10d to the test! Looking forward to seeing more.
Good morning to YA!!! royce. Thank you for the nice words about my photo and about getting out in the weather. I have spent most of my life out in the woods and watching wildlife so after that many years I ought to at least have an idea of how to find some or at least find wildlife sometimes.

Hawk Distance: I was really lucky I didn't have to walk but about 50 yards from the camera wahgon to get the photo.

This morning was a good weather test for the K10D. Started out at minus 20 degrees and warmed up to Plus3 degrees. 6AM to 11AM. I am a guessing it did just fine but I haven't tried to download the photos yet.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D



WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 7:04 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
mtngal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Posts: 16,052
Default

Lovely shots (as usual) - the hawk on the snowy day is very neat. Not sure I'd want to have to dig out your wagon, though...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 7:11 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Lovely shots (as usual) - the hawk on the snowy day is very neat. Not sure I'd want to have to dig out your wagon, though...
mtngal, thanks for the nice comment and for looking.

Put the camera wagon in 4 wheel drive and drove on out.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:34 AM.