Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 15, 2007, 9:13 PM   #1

Went to Wright Pat on Sat. I learned a lot about high ISO and difficult lighting. While I don't think I will be hanging any of these in the living room, I thought these were decent to share. Any suggestion for improvement would be appreciated. All were taken with no flash, handheld, with the kit lens and ISO 800 or 1600. Shake Reduction was engaged and appreciated. I have 2 more subjects that I am hoping I can clean-up some (B1 and Valkyrie) but I think they may be beyond repair. I only took about 350 pics.

sgarthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2007, 9:39 PM   #2

Those shots look pretty good to me.

Now you've given me a good idea... The Air Force Museum would be a good place to take pictures... on one of my tri-weekly trips to Dayton.

Paul
pbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 9:53 PM   #3

You live close to Wright Pat? I'm an Ohioan myself.Akron area though
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:30 PM   #4

Since the admission is free, itwas like a heck of a place to spend a dreary winter day. I would have liked to have had a real fast 32mm or so. I also think I will take the monopod next time.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:50 PM   #5

I work at Wright State University, which is right next to WPAFB... In the almost three years I've been there, I've never made it over to the museum...

It would make a good activity for the morning a morning every once in a while, since I work from 1-9 most days I'm there...

Paul
pbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 11:56 PM   #6

Is that a Beech Kansas in the second picture? I spent quite a few hours in one turning the survey cameras off and on, not much skill required!
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 6:35 AM   #7

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

I have visited the Dayton Air Museum several times as well--photograping inside is a challenge due to poor lighting, constrained space, and of course other visitorsgetting in the way of one's pictures! Having said that, I found that using a flash, as well as using a mono-pod (for the non flash pictures) help. This will allow you to shoot at ISO 200-400 speeds which in turn will reduce noise. Here are a couple from my visit this past Thanksgiving weekend.

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 8:00 AM   #8

really like ALL 3 shots.. looks like a difficult place to shoot available light.

roy
Old Jan 16, 2007, 8:12 AM   #9

robar wrote:
Quote:
really like ALL 3 shots.. looks like a difficult place to shoot available light.

roy
Thanks. I have really been struggling to get pics I really liked out of the K10 (due to my photographic and equipment ignorance for sure) but I really liked these and they were taken in difficult lighting. Go figure?

Maybe it takes about 1800 pics to get asemblance of understandingfor this stuff.:-)
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:18 AM   #10

These 3 looks good to me. Especially for indoors with the kit lens.

Fred
Fred2726 is offline   Reply With Quote