Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 16, 2007, 2:39 PM   #1
TDN

Just got everything you see below for a mere 3 euros today

All M42 mount

Pentacon 200mmm f4 Made in G.D.R.

Cosinon 35mm f2.8

Soligor 2x teleconverter

and some extention tubes.

The guy put it up for sale on a local site "for collectors" at a price of 3 euros, I didn't hesitate.
I expected the lenses to be somewhat faulty or to have at least some marks, but hey, for 3 euros what can you expect?

Well...they're in almost mint condition!
The 200mm is completely clean and looks like a very special lens. The aperture doesnt stop down in "steps", but instead moves as a fluent diaphragm (think james bond intro). It seems to have 15 blades!
I don't know if I'm that lucky, but I read that some early versions of this lens were actually made by Zeiss.

The 35mm has some very light scratches (looks the scratches that appear after polishing a car) but I don't think they'd interfere with the optical quality. Stops down as it should.

The TC has a loose ring, I'm not sure what it's for. This'll turn the 200mm into a 400mm, which means I'll finally get to do some birding

I already had extention tubes, but I didnt refuse them...

I will probably resell the 35mm as I'm looking on ebay for the Zeiss equivalent, but I'll wait until I see how sharp it is.

I ordered an adapter from hongkong which shipped today, I hope it gets here quick so I can test these, I'll keep you guys posted

I think this was my best deal up till now. (although the A 50mm f1.7 for 35$ wasnt bad either )
Attached Images

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2007, 3:34 PM   #2

3 euros and you call that LBA, you sorry thief? :-)

I managed to order FA 35mm F2 today from bhphotovideo in the nanosecond it was available. I can't wait to try it out.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 3:38 PM   #3

DigitalAddict wrote:
Quote:
I managed to order FA 35mm F2 today from bhphotovideo in the nanosecond it was available. I can't wait to try it out.
I'm very interested in your review, since a fast wide is the lens I'm missing.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 3:58 PM   #4

Had seen them, but didn't have enough nerve to try to get them. After getting into the k10d + 3 lenses + tripod + new bag + remote + ... i was afraid my loving wife would've thrown me out.

Enjoy them - Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 4:42 PM   #5

rhermans wrote:
Quote:
Had seen them, but didn't have enough nerve to try to get them. After getting into the k10d + 3 lenses + tripod + new bag + remote + ... i was afraid my loving wife would've thrown me out.

Enjoy them - Ronny
I could get in trouble: she does not know about the "good news" yet. Did I mention the -10F we had this morning?:-) Not a good time to sleep on the deck I guess:-)

Seriously, I will have to sell other lenses if this one proves to be great. Maybe a zoom and start using the feet.

I will let you know how it fares compared with FA 50mm F1.4 and F 28mm F2.8 I have.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 5:02 PM   #6

I have an M28mm-f2.8 now and sold an M42, 28mm-f3.5 to get it. I actually think the f3.5 was a sharper lens, but I didn't make any comparisons. Such is life- Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:21 PM   #7

Can't wait to see some pictures from these lenses - hope that they are work well and are sharp - love hearing good reports of old lenses.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote