Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 18, 2007, 10:29 PM   #1

And I have a question. This weekend my K10 suddenly started re-setting the file number when I reformatted the card, I didn't figure it out right away and I lost some pictures. I know that on the K100 there's a setting in the custom menu where you can either have the camera do it either way (I do have that manual and checked it). However, when I tried to find the same menu option on the K10, I can't find it. And I can't find the manual to check!

Can someone please tell me if there is a menu option on the K10 for this - I sure want to get it back to sequential serial number.

Thanks for the help.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2007, 12:39 AM   #2

It's in the "Rec. Mode" menu under "Memory". One of the choices is if the camera should remember the last "File No.". It should be checked if you want the numbers to continue where they left off. This is on pages 199-200 of the USA English version of the manual. You can download it as a .pdf file at:
http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/p...10D_Manual.pdf
Ron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 6:03 AM   #3

Thanks (the K100 has the menu option under Settings)! I hate to download and print the manual because I know that mine is around here somewhere - I just haven't found it yet (well, it may be at a family member's home, in which case I'll find it this weekend).

The menu option is still checked, so now I have no idea why it would be having problems with repeating file numbers. Oh well...

Thanks again!
Old Jan 19, 2007, 6:44 AM   #4

It is very simple: copy one image back to camera DCIM/PENTX1xx folder with the highest number You want to start over, take a shot and the numbering will be continued normally :-)

Best and happy shooting, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:49 AM   #5

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Thanks (the K100 has the menu option under Settings)! I hate to download and print the manual because I know that mine is around here somewhere - I just haven't found it yet (well, it may be at a family member's home, in which case I'll find it this weekend)."
Don't print it out. Just download it and search through on the computer.

If you generally know what you're looking for (say a keyword in a seting), you can use the search in acrobat to find what you're looking for fairly quickly.

I actually put a copy of the manual on my PDA, so I don't have to carry the printed manual arround with me.

Paul
pbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 3:00 PM   #6

Once I discovered I had a problem I left the last picture on it, but that takes thought and planning - it's easier to just use the camera's reformat option to erase everything.

Paul - Your idea of using Acrobat's search function is a brilliant one! Thanks for the idea - I'll definitely download the manual and keep it handy. That's what I like about this board, not only did I get my question answered (though not sure I have the situation sorted out), but I got a great idea that I would never have thought of!
Old Jan 19, 2007, 7:56 PM   #7

Paul: I concur! Brilliant idea. My manual is getting tattered from being stuffed into my camera bag. I always carry my PDA with me and have the PDF, but it never occured to me.....

Thanks!

Cliff
TankSlapper is offline   Reply With Quote