Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:16 PM   #1

Hi all, I hope my first posting isn't too boring, in Melbourne it's been hot & dry, 40 degree heat, level 3 water restrictions, water catchments down to 30 % full. So I thought I should snap this before I forget what it looks like:G
Attached Images

simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2007, 3:35 AM   #2

This weather is *beeped*
From extreme 40c+ temperatures and bushfires knocking out the power on Tuesday, to 3 almost solid days of rain. Whats going on? lol
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 5:42 AM   #3

Stop complaining. Try -10 deg C outside like what I have now.
I would love your kind of weather

Daniel , Toronto
www.pbase.com/danieltong
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 5:42 AM   #4

and i believe over here we have had the coolest wettest start ti the year in a long time
16mm so far i think
we are still on water restrictions too

nice pic too
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 6:41 AM   #5

Two days ago it was -20C with a -30+ wind chill, this morning it is +2C and rain. Here if you blink you may miss an entire season, the temperature has changed as much as 25 degrees in a 24 hour period (up or down). I am now sitting here watching the rain beat against my back window (50km/h winds gusting to over 70km/h).

I would not trade places however, it is easier to hide from the cold than from that heat.

Ira
Edit - add picture - here is what two seasons look like when they occur at once.
Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 7:02 AM   #6

And as usual I could havecopiedyour post and made it my own. Creative way of showing it! (the weather) We just got the electricity back after a few hours cut off, but it's likely to go tonight again, new storm is on its way.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 7:29 AM   #7

Hi Gumnut, et al, yes methinks somthings afoot, no such thing as climate change......hmmm.(Sorry not the place for this thread!)

The Constelation Moto Chikletta
Attached Images

simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:44 PM   #8

Neat picture of wet stuff! We went from snow at 1,000 feet to 70 plus F temperatures in 2 days. While the snow at low levels is unusual, big swings in isn't. Today I wandered around in short sleeves - two days ago I was wearing down parkas - go figure.

The funny thing is that in September the Red Cross was set up in our area because of fires (most of us hill dwellers were evacuated). Last week one of the local water districts had a valve on a water tank freeze, knocking out water for two days to a fair number of homes. The Red Cross set up a water distribution and shower points for those affected. Either fire or ice - take your pick!

And yes - I like snowshoeing so I'd rather have the cold than the extreme heat that Australia is suffering through.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote