Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:31 PM   #1

Just after I found a good deal on a Pentax M 100mm f4 Macro lens. Seems LBA strikes again! This time for the better. I saw this package listed as a Sigma 105mm macro (which is what the manual states in the package as well). Figured I bid and see what happens. Got it for $120 shipped.Ever since that k10d came along seems like prices are definitely rising. Looks to me like its the Kiron/Vivitar/Lester A. Dine 105mm Macro instead! Along with the Dine Ring flash, as well as the camera to boot. What a nice suprise!

I've only taken a couple of shots so far. Really never used a ring flash before, unless all else fails really try and figure it out without that manual. Especially when I think it should be easy.

Looks like that poor little Pentax 100mm Macro might end up on ebay.

What a deal!

Fred

Fred2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2007, 9:23 AM   #2

holy crap fred!!! 120 total????? i thought i got a great deal for 140usd
Attached Images

Old Jan 21, 2007, 9:52 AM   #3
TDN

Hehe, 50 euro (=┬▒65USD) :blah:

(originally 60 euro, but the seller gave me a 10 euro refund because the ring with the focus distance indications is loose (it can turn seperately from the focus ring, or is this the same with your version?) & the lens was in very used state on the outside.
You can also hear the ball-bearing diaphragm when you slightly shake the lens)
Glass is 100% ok though

Tom
Attached Images

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 10:23 AM   #4

robar wrote:
Quote:
holy crap fred!!! 120 total????? i thought i got a great deal for 140usd
Roy, it sure helps that it was mislabeled. Even if it was the Sigma 105mm it would've been a good deal.
Fred
Old Jan 22, 2007, 9:03 AM   #5

Fred2726 wrote:
Quote:
I've only taken a couple of shots so far. Really never used a ring flash before, unless all else fails really try and figure it out without that manual. Especially when I think it should be easy.

Fred
Fred,

Ring flash should be difficult to handle as it does not communicate with p-ttl. Only TTL (for D not any other dslr like DL, K10D or K100D). It is nice to have it though as strictly a manual flash

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 9:36 AM   #6

Lester Dine switched from Kiron to Sigma lenses. It's not mislabeled. It's a Sigma. Still a deal though. As mentioned below it's just TTL NOT p-TTL so it's will be a bit tougher to use unless you have a D or DS......or you use the film camera
oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 11:52 AM   #7

oreo57 wrote:
Quote:
Lester Dine switched from Kiron to Sigma lenses. It's not mislabeled. It's a Sigma. Still a deal though. As mentioned below it's just TTL NOT p-TTL┬* so it's will be a bit tougher to use unless you have a D or DS......or you use the film camera
I'll post a couple of pictures of the lens to confim which it is. The manual is from 1991 and the Sigma lens pictured looks nothing like the lens I have recieved.

I understand the flash will have to be used manually. But it was working fine as of two days ago, now it seems to have stop working properly. It will only emit a real low level flash. Not sure whats wrong.
Thanks
Fred
Old Jan 22, 2007, 11:54 AM   #8

oreo57 wrote:
Quote:
Lester Dine switched from Kiron to Sigma lenses. It's not mislabeled. It's a Sigma. Still a deal though. As mentioned below it's just TTL NOT p-TTL so it's will be a bit tougher to use unless you have a D or DS......or you use the film camera
Sorry, duplicate post from my mobile phone.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 11:54 AM   #9

oreo57 wrote:
Quote:
Old Jan 22, 2007, 11:56 AM   #10

oreo57 wrote:
Quote: