Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 21, 2007, 3:18 PM   #1

Brian is at the top of a 15metre wooden mast making repairs to the extensive antennas arrays our radio club has at ZL6QH. We have a web site too at http://www.zl6qh.com/

*ist DS with Tele Lentar 450mm prime, hand held.

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2007, 3:26 PM   #2

That blaze orange really jumps at you.
sgarthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 6:14 PM   #3

John

Great picture. Fellow Amatuer Radio op here. I wish i could get there to your open house. Looks like Some really sweet antennas.
I Mainly operate 2Mtrs here. But i do have a low band station here also. I have a long wire on my roof Run throught a Kenwood Antenna tuner into a Kenwood TS830s. When on the low bands I mainly operate on the 40 and 80mtr bands

73's

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 12:48 AM   #4

Hi Phil, I hardly ever go on the air nowadays but used to be active especially on 20m CW ZL2AYQ, ZK2AS, ZK1AS. "Best" rig was, still is, TS520. I like going out to the club though and doing the outdoors maintenance.
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 7:18 AM   #5

Hi John,

You have another Ham here. I am EX WD9BBG, Now KC8LVD. I used to be quite active on 2 meter and 6 meter sideband. I just sold my Low Band station last year ( Kenwood 140).

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 9:31 AM   #6

John /Bluewing

Call here is WA1WST. John like you i used to be much more active. However life gets in the way and my Activeity level Slowed Down. I am mainly involved Right now with 2 Mtrs and this is to keep in touch with Some friends around the state and i am Also involved with the NOAA/NWS "SKY WARN" program. This is basically a group Of people across the U.S. that reports weather Conditions back to the National weather service to aid in more acurate weather Forcasting and severe weather reporting.
Heres a link if you are interrested http://www.crh.noaa.gov/lmk/skywarn/index.php
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote