Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 23, 2007, 3:08 AM   #1

I think I may be paying off my 10D cost (or good part) from a local resort from one shot MAYBE.
(ALL the employees... including 3 managers... tell me to go talk to the marketing/PR person continuously) for on now just 2 weeks+ of having the K10D (there anyways around and like this well post sunset these days) refining... and also just accident of timing and paying attention to what is transpiring around you like a schooner coming into perfect frame for like 2 sec . (Plus of course the astounding hand held even if elbow braced Pentax 10D low light abilities.... we are talking hand held well after sunset but shy stil bright enough to expose 7/10 sec exposures.) And impresive enough they even ask that is really here???.... then they see the archittechture and oh yeah it is... because its really much darker at that point.

A general release I know how to phrase (and why I rarely take close up people for any thought of commercial use)

But does anyone have a generic "sales/use" contract form"??? (Just ladscape/scenic where all you are doing is giving controlled rights to the image)

As far as attachement example this still not quite perfect and schooner blur is motion (and some DOF) not shake.... but brochere size (like at least half this size you are seeing and higher res... this is only 640x480).... plenty sharp even without POST, and again actualy benifits from the relative lighting.... even at 7/10th sec. HH.

I might try some 1600's but there is defenite (mostly chroma) noise there where as the 800 at even at slow exposure is REMARKABLY clean.... 1600 tends to over expose and not necessarily speed up shutter if you don't go all manual.... so far as in two weeks I have seen.... hey like anything is PERFECT.... but again are Canon or Nikon even PAYYING ATTENTION?

But what it does pull off still blows me and others away.... even Canon 20 and 3OD owners (not close to any Nikon'ers).... some even wince about the IS lens cost per lens if they have any... vs any old thing you slap on the Pentax.... vitually any lens ever made for one... though the real (manual or just AA) oldies do require an adaptor.
Attached Images

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2007, 9:12 AM   #2

welcome to the board. wish i was down in KW on that schooner..ah,, and mardi gras is approaching.. a good time for all the parrot heads.

roy
Old Jan 23, 2007, 9:39 AM   #3

Well you soon can't cruise here any more the RCship out of Galveston (Texas Tues in KW) is being reassigned to Alaska in May.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 4:16 PM   #4

Hi Hayward,

WELCOME from another Pentax convert!!!! I used to have the Model release form, But in cleaning up some old files i got deleted. Try Googling it and see what comes up.

Nice shot as always!

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 1:04 AM   #5

Again model (recognisable person) not the issue just straight forward limited use/term use of image contract.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 9:26 AM   #6

http://www.jwz.org/gruntle/burningman-contract.html
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 9:30 AM   #7

BINGO.... Thanks