Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:21 AM   #11

Shriner is an import to all the other states except here..
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:23 AM   #12

google

HERE
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:44 AM   #13

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I'd love some suggestions.

Isn't this an odd place to have a display of fresh limes? The picture just doesn't quite work for me - would it be better to crop closer to them?
I found your image to be very cluttered and I would have highlighted the limes in a strange place like this.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:08 AM   #14

maybe a cultural thing but they definately do not look out of place to me.

roy
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:20 AM   #15

nothing wrong with a slice of lime in your beer!

looking just at the beer shot, i think the problem is that it is linear - it appears as anyone walking through the store (or any grocery store for that matter) would see it. If this were done with a fisheye lens (drool, pentax DA 10-17mm) it would createmore artistic value, skewing our normal view of an otherwise mundane sight(or, how you would see it if you were drunk!); as it is, it just looks like a snapshot to me (sorry if i'm being too blunt or anything, i dont mean any offense!) the colors are nice though, so i can understand why you took the pic in the first place.

EDIT:

maybe the problem is the market itself. Its not some obscure little mom and pop show with visuals that whisk the viewer away to some exotic locale (via the import beer and/or the exotic fruit shots) - it just looks like walmart.

:?

milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:25 AM   #16

i did like the Asahi branded beer in the top middle though, should've done a close-up of that!

since when is killians irish red an import? oh, and the molson canadian there is actually brewed at the coors factory for the US market (i know, i'm canadian and it DOESNT TASTE THE SAME HERE!)
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:43 AM   #17

robar wrote:
Quote:
maybe a cultural thing but they definately do not look out of place to me.

roy
That is why I didn't cut the Corona out of the shot!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 3:43 PM   #18

Tom - as I drove into work this morning, I thought that the reason why I had so much trouble with that one is that I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to show - all the imported beer varieties available in California or the limes, which was what caught my eye in the first place. The crop is better.

I took this with a 24mm lens that created some barreling, but not enough to be interesting. I used CS2's lens filter to straighten the line - I probably should have gone the other way and added more, perhaps? I'll have to try that when I get home.

Roy - thanks for the link on the fruit - I had no idea it was grown in California! I assumed it was something imported from somewhere else.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote