Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:18 AM   #1

Nikon and Canon forums 1800 and 2K something.....

Pentax forum 3700.... now WHY might that be??? Can wee] say K10D or even the lesser 100D? (And like near nothing ne in the other camps?)

Got my K10D pretty quick... just after New Years delivery.... but I'd be willing to bet B&H might tell you can't get you a Pentax 10D but we can give you a REAL deal on a Canon or Nikon......

Off hand I being an under dog knd of person just so loving to see how this is all going to play out!!!

WAKE UP CANON and NIKON SIESTA iS OVER. :blah:

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:14 AM   #2

Just out of curiosity, but just how many of these "Pentax > Canon & Nikon" threads are you going to make?
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:17 PM   #3

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, but just how many of these "Pentax > Canon & Nikon" threads are you going to make?
probably the same number of typos he has in his posts..
plagued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:54 PM   #4

plagued wrote:
Quote:
inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
probably the same number of typos he has in his posts..
Now was that really necessary? He's just excited about his new camera. This is usually a friendly place....I'd like to see it stay that way.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 1:15 PM   #5

Hi guys,

I remember when inneyeseakayGot his DL. Maybe the excitement has worn off for you people. How many of you when you get new lenses are the same way? I am still thrilled about selling my Canon gear and going Pentax. The reason I am not like Hayward is I hate to type. I would rather if you people were closer to me sit down with a couple pitchers of Coffee and talk about it.

I have even seen Roy get excitied about a new lens that he got a super deal. All of us are guilty of this excitement and want to share it with all of us. Did I mention I REALLY HATE TYPING???

This is NOT DPreview or DSLREPORTS. This is a friendly forum where everyone ENJOYS the thrill of Photography. OH, and What about everybodies LBA?

I for one love this kind of enthusiasiam. Never down someones zest for equipment or photography. It tends to diminish peoples interest in it.

Oh, Didi I mention I REALLY HATE TYPING?????:?

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 1:34 PM   #6

Good thinking and typing! I amcontemplating a new lens to compliment my kit lens and it is just plain fun to check out all the possibilities, try and figure out what I really need (want) and then start checking out prices. And I am excited about getting it, whenever that is! 28-200 as a walk around lens with the kit lens as a wide angle? 50-200 for long shots with the kit lens as the walk around? 70-300 so I can get some of those great animal shots that Roger and a few others are getting? 500mm mirror lens for the same thing? 24-90 pentax because it is just a great lens? Just the anticipation and the planning makes life that much more interesting! Happy shopping and maybe we need a 12 stepLBA program!

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 1:43 PM   #7

Hi Glenn,

You mentioned the 28-200mm lens for a walk around, I use this lens alot. It is a great lens. Mine is the Sigma

The one other lens you mentioned is the Pentax 24-90mm. That is a hard one to find. But I will find one at my price.... LOL.

you gotta love researching new equipment even if you never buy it.... LOL!!!

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 3:08 PM   #8

Rudy,

I'm with ya'!

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:15 PM   #9

I am excited about my K10D with grip as well. Absolutely love it. The SR does better than I expected.

I did a shot the other day at a camera store (another story:-)) to test SR, I shot at 125mm at 1/25th of a second, now remember for hand held shooting the minimum recommended shutter speed should have been a lot lot higher.

The Pentax manual actually says shutter speed for hand held shouldn't be any slower than the focal length (for 35mm film cameras) and the focal length multiplied by the crop factor for digital. (125mm x 1.5 = 187.5 = 1/200sec)

I cropped it heavily but you can definately see the difference.

As for being in the shop, at the time I was trying to get a Pentax 540 flash, talk about near impossible, all these new Pentax owners are buying all the gear and leaving none...Welcome aboard boys and girls.
Though they had 4 K10D's happily sitting there waiting for new owners
Attached Images

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 7:12 PM   #10

what are you talking about. i don't see any difference..