Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 27, 2007, 9:16 AM   #11

here's 2 fosters we have right now. we seldomly see puppies. these will be tough to adopt out.

here's a couple of our guys.

this is AJ. distemper survivor after it went neurological. due to his brain damage from the disease he's a permanent foster. we'll never try and save another once the disease goes neurological.. we just got lucky this time.

and these are some of our others. 95% of these went thru our house. we've had at least 250 go thru here.

http://www.texasbostons.com/rescuestories.html

guess you might be sorry you asked to post pets..... i've got a few thousand more if you want them.

roy
Old Jan 27, 2007, 9:56 AM   #12

The old gal
Attached Images

Bowenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 9:57 AM   #13

The old gal 2
Attached Images

Bowenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:43 AM   #14

Pico - short hair Chihuahua
This was actually one of the first pictures I took with my K100D (#10)
Attached Images

Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 11:10 AM   #15

This is Kitty Baby. She still acts like a kitten at 9 years old.
Attached Images

Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 11:57 AM   #16

Really lovely subjects. They must be great for testing new lenses:-)

We have no pets since my wife won't allow one in the house. I joke at times that one day we (me and the kids) will come home with one.

Growing up on the old continent, I spent many summers at my grandparents farm. There is were I got to love dogs, mainly, although there were planty of cats too.

I have fond memories of a well trained german shepherd who would do anything we, the kids, would ask from him: giving high-five, jumping over tall fences without touching them, pull the sled in the winter etc.

These were times when the dogs would live in a doghouse all year long and won't complain. They would run all day long and live happy healthy long lives.

I might be old fashion, but these days it looks a bit sad to me that we, the humans, get to treat them somehow unnatural: limited freedom, they get lazy and unhealthy.
I could not believe my eyes when I saw published studies about the increase incidents in heart disease in dogs. Gee, the dogs and the soccer players used to be given as examples of great cardiac output (and collateral circulation).

Hope not to upset no one with my rant:-)
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:23 PM   #17

This is my little JRT Wishbone.

MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 5:33 PM   #18

DigitalAddict wrote:
Quote:
I might be old fashion, but these days it looks a bit sad to me that we, the humans, get to treat them somehow unnatural: limited freedom, they get lazy and unhealthy.
I could not believe my eyes when I saw published studies about the increase incidents in heart disease in dogs. Hope not to upset no one with my rant:-)
DA, it's not the dogs fault. it's the owner. i don't know how many lectures i've given.

roy

Old Jan 27, 2007, 9:14 PM   #19

What wonderful pets everyone, and such thoughtful, beautiful photos. It seems to me that my pictures are far better when I feel something for my subject, preferably respect and love. It's obvious from the outstanding quality of pictures that everyone posting here love their pets, too.

Roy - those puppies are so adorable - I can understand how hard it will be for you to give them up. They should be easy to place - well brought up and cute besides.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 2:19 AM   #20

Spiritbro77 wrote:
Quote:
This is Bernie, my sisters dog. Shot a couple of him today so I thought I'd post one. Shot with a DL and 77mm f1.8 limited lens. I'd love to see some of you pet owners post some too!
Wow! My sister has a dachsund that looks exactly like your sisters dog! How old is he?
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote