Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 27, 2007, 9:20 PM   #11

Roy - the last one doesn't quite belong in this category - while its not perfect, it's better than any blue heron I've managed.

Tom - tough situation - think I'd be tempted to crop out the sky if you have enough rather than getting rid of the CA. I have a fair amount of patience, but not that much.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 11:00 PM   #12

But is it not great fun trying to get that perfect shot ?
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 12:46 AM   #13

Roy,

Were these taken in your back yard? Backgrounds don't look like White Rock Lake....

Also, no focal length in the EXIF data. Were these with your Big Lens (500mm)?

Will
Polytrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 1:51 AM   #14

Don't beat yourself up Roy. These are hard to photo, and it looks like you were miles away. Heck, if I didn't have an AF lens, I'd be f___ed....cheers....Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 3:23 AM   #15

Thanks for sharing these with us Roy and Tom. We get so used to people posting only their best efforts (as expected) that we forget to amount of deletions that make that shot.

I know it can be frustrating coming home to check the days pics, only to find that on screen they are a blurred mess, and yet on the forum evryone seems to have got real winners.

So thanks again for showing that even accomplished photographers make a few boo-boos from time to time.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 9:07 AM   #16

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for sharing these with us Roy and Tom. We get so used to people posting only their best efforts (as expected) that we forget to amount of deletions that make that shot.

I know it can be frustrating coming home to check the days pics, only to find that on screen they are a blurred mess, and yet on the forum evryone seems to have got real winners.

So thanks again for showing that even accomplished photographers make a few boo-boos from time to time.

Darren
darren, a few boo-boos??? give me a break.... i'll tell what really upsets me is when i go out and shoot a good 80% of stationary subjects.. that's when it's real hard because i may have 3 or 4 of the same and i hate wasting disk space.

rodney-- yeah, it's a blast and film is cheap.. i just can't get over how they look so good in the LCD, even at 10X, and you get home and they are no good

will, yes in the back yard. the 300 saves the f-stop but not the focal length. here's another from about the same location.. keep on shooting and have some fun..

roy
Attached Images

Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:06 PM   #17

Glad to see I'm not the only one who misses with woodpeckers - here's a white-headed woodpecker. It's the first time I've noticed one around here and was so proud of myself for actually spotting him. Then I got home and looked - another time, I guess.
Attached Images

Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:12 PM   #18

Another "almost" from today. If you are out taking early morning snow pictures and suddenly switch to birds, you should keep an eye on shutter speed! Makes me want to give up!
Attached Images

Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:25 PM   #19

harriet,
you aint never goin to give up

roy
Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:58 PM   #20

You are probably right - I never do. At least the Stellar's Jay picture showed off their blue - normally I get backlighting and they end up looking as dark as their heads.