Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:03 PM   #1

It snowed last night and it was a beautiful morning. I took a walk early this morning. I played around with the channel mixer as a way of converting to b&w and was really impressed - think I'll use that method rather than just desaturating the picture. The picture changes depending on which channel you use - today is the first time I've played with it.

Basketball, anyone?
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:05 PM   #2

This one is all about color. I love taking pictures of fire hydrants - there are so many shapes and details - thought this one stood out in what was otherwise a black and white world.
Attached Images

Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:07 PM   #3

It tried to clear off several times during my walk, but what little blue sky there was quickly disappeared.
Attached Images

Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:10 PM   #4

This one isn't as good as the others I took, but I liked the color/contrast. The K10 struggled with the WB and the exposure (I left it on auto WB and used +.7 exposure compensation - not enough). I think I've lost the ability to judge my own pictures - I'd be interested in knowing if it appeals to anyone else.
Attached Images

Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:14 PM   #5

The last one. This picture has not had any selective desaturation - this is how it looked.
Attached Images

Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:30 PM   #6

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
This one isn't as good as the others I took, but I liked the color/contrast. The K10 struggled with the WB and the exposure (I left it on auto WB and used +.7 exposure compensation - not enough). I think I've lost the ability to judge my own pictures - I'd be interested in knowing if it appeals to anyone else.
Harriet,

I love the pictures. The color on the 4th one looks great to me. A nice hint of blue. I have jsut started to take most all my pictures in raw. Seems no matter what wb I choose its wrong. And the *ist DL on auto does no better. So huge pef files it is...

Fred
Fred2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:47 PM   #7

In spite of what you say yourself, #4 is actually the one I like the best, even if they are all interesting and appealing. Snow in overcast weather seldom needs any desaturation!:-)

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:27 AM   #8

Nice shots, and I already had a longing to see some snow ...
Ronny

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 8:07 AM   #9

Ronny - if you are looking for snow, come tothe home of perpetual sunshine and beaches -Southern California. Friday we had no snow at all, then Sunday morning 4-6 inches of wet snow that (as you can see) coated the trees in such a pretty way. It warmed up and rained a bit so half the snow melted, but there's still enough for sledding and skiing, especially higher up. Hopefully we will continue to have winter weather (February is usually our big snow month).
Old Jan 29, 2007, 9:09 PM   #10

I like the snow photos. Don't get many opportunities for em here in GA. I really like the 4th one. Looks like more snow coming in.

Jim
JimInGA is offline   Reply With Quote