Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 30, 2007, 12:43 AM   #1

Just noticed B&H has the Kingston Elite Pro 50X 2GB SD card in stock for $9.95 (after rebate, before shippping). The rebate is good for purchases from "authorized camera dealers" through 1/31.

I'd looked at buying one earlier, but couldn't find them in stock anywhere with the rebate. Link follows.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search
dave_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2007, 2:23 AM   #2

Good catch and just in time.... even if there is also at least $3.70 shipping as well pluss the 39 cent stamp and envelope .... so still a $15.75 rebate or $14.25 net cost.

Then again they will ship it likely again in a (re)useful 11x14 bubble envelope again ... worth a buck or so. .... OK then $12.25
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2007, 5:18 AM   #3

I'm using one of these in my *istDS & it works fine - albeit the high speed only comes into effect when tranferring images to PC using a high speed card reader.

Wish I'd only paid $10 - mine was UKĀ£23.
IntrepidWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:02 AM   #4

I have the Elete Pro 50x card mentioned and it is a great card, although when writting to the camera my 150x card writes RAW files faster than the 50x card does with my K10D.

With my DS it is hard to see and speed advantage with the 150x card, but it is there with the K10D.

Yes I still have my DS because I have two AF500 FTX TTL flash units and they work just fine with my DS, but not with my K10D which requires P-TTL.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2007, 3:44 PM   #5
TDN

man, why do they always make these rebates for US customers only :roll:
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:23 PM   #6

Yes, I bought two at this price about 10 days ago - 4 GB for $20. Not bad.

Will
Polytrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 2:15 AM   #7

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
I have the Elete Pro 50x card mentioned and it is a great card, although when writting to the camera my 150x card writes RAW files faster than the 50x card does with my K10D.

With my DS it is hard to see and speed advantage with the 150x card, but it is there with the K10D.

Yes I still have my DS because I have two AF500 FTX TTL flash units and they work just fine with my DS, but not with my K10D which requires P-TTL.

Tom
Yup what many dont understand..... that is where it most counts.

But for instance the K10D, even with a standard speed card.... and JPG highest res/qual in JPG you in contiuous mode can shoot as fast as possible and not slow down until you run out of memory, and then just stop.

But even with less buffer it is often the question of the buffer not card.

And if you don't use a card reader it can also be theUSB cable connection too... even if rated USB2.... card reader is still likely to be faster off loading.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote