Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:36 AM   #11

Very nice captures Don! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:54 PM   #12

Nice shots, Don. When the creator created birds Ithink he must have been having a lot of fun. So many varieties, sizes, colors, shapes and in just about every enviornment on earth. And the neat thing is so many of you are really good, bird, picture takers. Your photoscertainly didn't do anything for my LBA so I finally broke down and purchased the Pentax 55-200. I know its not a true birding lens, but for now it will have to do. Now I will have to try to live up to the standard y'all (I lived in Virginia and Georgia for a little while) have set. Sadly,I won't have thelens for about 5 weeks since I had it delivered to a friend in the US who will hand carry it to me here in Germany. Keep up the wonderful shots.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 1:04 PM   #13

Thanks Roy and Jim!
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 1:08 PM   #14

Hi Glenn. Thanks for the nice comments. The lens you're waiting to arrive is quite good for birding if you can get fairly close. Even 300mm isn't all that long when you're chasing little guys around like these. You'll like the 50-200. Great lens and bang for the buck. Light to carry around too. If you want a good longer lens, check out the Tamron and Sigma 70-300's. They're both very good, and won't break the bank. Good luck with your LBA...I think I'm cured now......cheers.........Don

Lyrics51 wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots, Don. When the creator created birds Ithink he must have been having a lot of fun. So many varieties, sizes, colors, shapes and in just about every enviornment on earth. And the neat thing is so many of you are really good, bird, picture takers. Your photoscertainly didn't do anything for my LBA so I finally broke down and purchased the Pentax 55-200. I know its not a true birding lens, but for now it will have to do. Now I will have to try to live up to the standard y'all (I lived in Virginia and Georgia for a little while) have set. Sadly,I won't have thelens for about 5 weeks since I had it delivered to a friend in the US who will hand carry it to me here in Germany. Keep up the wonderful shots.

Glenn
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 4:50 PM   #15

Great shots as usual. You must have been very close to them.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote