Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 31, 2007, 7:00 AM   #1

Sort of the same thing with Penatx's despite reviews real world practicality....

Sort of like SONY we INVENTENTED home video recording we OWN it

Well NO SONY would only RESTRICTIVE licence.....

VHS took off... OK Lens IS is better..... but C&N need to pay attention (they seem NOT to be) Or Pentax will be the Millenium VHS.....internal maybe not quite as good as lens IS (just as BEta was CLEARLY supperior to VHS) .... that only goes so far.... chaeaper nearly as goosd ANY lens is GOING TO WIN.

And again Len IS is better....but look what happened to superior (but more expensive) Beta... vs inferior (works with anyone) VHS.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2007, 7:44 AM   #2

that comparison is a stretch; and we're all happy with our pentax cameras, wouldn't this be better fodder over on dpreview? they take to starting wars like bees to honey over there! :?
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:45 AM   #3

"
And again Len IS is better....but look what happened to superior (but more expensive) Beta... vs inferior (works with anyone) VHS."

People were attracted to the 6 hour extended play of VHS with the worlds worst quality, instead of the superoir standard play image quality of Beta.

You can sell anything to people if you market it correctly, thus we have VHS instead of Beta.

Your comparison is really a stretch since Pentax is not inferior to Canon or Nikon in any way.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:06 AM   #4

Yet another Pentax vs Canon & Nikon thread?
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 3:02 PM   #5

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:

Nah! Just someone in danger of becoming a troll!

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:23 AM   #6

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
People seem to be reading things that just aren't there.

Its nothing about VS

Just will they pay attention to reality???? (C&N that is)

Hey I'd love to see Pentax kick their arogant "we're just better" butts just for not even paying attention.

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2007, 7:39 AM   #7

i'm sorry to say that i dont think any of us here really suffer from an inferiority complex that you keep trying to tap. some of us might like the underdog, but the products pentax are producing right now really aren't subpar at all - they are cutting edge.

i dont want to feed your fire, but ask someone with another dslr brand the last time they could set sensitivity with the rear dial, program shift with the front on a 20 year old 50mm f1.7 lens, all the while having focus assist on a manual focus lens? i believe their answer would be never.

thats why pentax is cutting edge, there's no point comparing. unless you need 5fps, look no further and be happy that you're getting the results you want.

i'll let you in on a little secret - we're on the same side, just stop telling us what side we're on already, ok?
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote